cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Webmail - Sending HTML e-mails

N/A

I travel regularly on business and need to stay in touch with clients via webmail. Since the changeover to Squirrel webmail, it seems PlusNet customers can no longer send HTML e-mails or even customise the sender's e-mail addresses to offer a choice of domains, as we previously could.

This may be of no consequence to most users, but to businesses where branding is vital this is a serious problem.

Is PlusNet's webmail likely to evolve to sending HTML e-mails from a selection of different domains anytime soon or must customers like me now go elsewhere for this service?

Mark
7 REPLIES
N/A

Not sure why you are asking the question as your email for agreements.co.uk is hosted by Site5. :?
Community Veteran

You can set-up multiple identities via Options -> Personal Information -> Edit advanced identities. You then get a From drop-down selection when composing.

Can't help with HTML as I don't think it is supported in PNs implementation.
N/A

Not sure why you are asking the question as your email for agreements.co.uk is hosted by Site5. :?

All the company's e-mail is forwarded to my default PlusNet e-mail address, and it was convenient to use PlusNet's webmail facility to send HTML emails from multiple domains when away from the office.
N/A

You can set-up multiple identities via Options -> Personal Information -> Edit advanced identities. You then get a From drop-down selection when composing.

Can't help with HTML as I don't think it is supported in PNs implementation.

Ah thanks for solving this 'multiple domain' part of the problem. Looks like those who need to send HTML or rich text e-mails will need to go elsewhere.
N/A

Surprised that you do that considering all the problems that PN has had for the last year. Especially the lost of emails and the delivery delays. The latter appearing in the last few days. Site5 also offer Webmail, not sure what formats are supported.
N/A

Surprised that you do that considering all the problems that PN has had for the last year. Especially the lost of emails and the delivery delays. The latter appearing in the last few days. Site5 also offer Webmail, not sure what formats are supported.

Can't argue with that! I shall probably switch all mail handling to site5.com now. Thanks!
N/A

Ah thanks for solving this 'multiple domain' part of the problem. Looks like those who need to send HTML or rich text e-mails will need to go elsewhere.

I know that you think you need HTML support in your e-mails but the HTML e-mail facility has been the cause of much pain to many people ever since its introduction.
Not only does it risk malware infection but an HTML e-mail is typically 3-4 times the size of a plain text e-mail and in these days of overloaded bandwidth...

I have only ever used a plain text e-mail client (Agent) and it's perfect for communication.