cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New View my useage not as good as old one

N/A

The new view my useage isn't as good as the old one, for the following reasons:

1. I had a warning on my account, but this isn't displayed unless you look back at the previous month. It would be nice to know this info when you log on to the page. Also, if there is no warning when I log in, how will I know that the warning has been lifted?

2. Once you log on, you then have to navigate to different sections, just to find useage from previous weeks, which appear in a pop up window. One click on to view my useage on the old system would give all this info in one go. This is all a little time consuming.

However there are improvements from the old view my useage.

1. Time is also measured in seconds.

Conclusion: The old system was easier to navigate, you knew where you stood with fair useage warnings more easily, and it was less time consuming, but at least the new system measures to the nearest second.
9 REPLIES
N/A

I preferred the old version. I am not bothered about the seconds displayed.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. There has been a lot of feedback with regards to the new tool, I will pass this on internally. I think the biggest problem is adjusting to the new system; it's not the fact that it does per-second timing that is the big factor, rather that it is in real time (whereas before it was 2 days behind real time).
Community Veteran

I think the biggest problem with the system is your developers have once again designed a system without considering the look and feel of the interface as required by the customers. PlusNet have a diverse userbase but it seems everyone is unhappy with this.

Chris
N/A

Hi Chris,

I am aware from the various feedback so far that the new system may not be to everyone's taste - however if we do get widespread dissent over this I am sure that we can accommodate a few changes.
Community Veteran

A customer did run a poll a while back showing the 'decent', I can't find it in the search tool though Sad
N/A

Being a recent convert to PlusNet I never knew the old.. only the new. I suppose it might be construed as 'kludgey'. That said, I am primarily concerned about the overall reliability of the service I use, all the other stuff doesn't matter if the service is unreliable. Thus far I have no cause for complaints.
N/A

I also do not like the new display but looking at the post from mikegrice

rather that it is in real time (whereas before it was 2 days behind real time).

Just before the new way of displaying useage, didnt the old layout displayed in real time? I seem to think it did (for a few days at least).
N/A

Hi,

The old View My Usage layout did indeed display realtime stats for around two weeks before we implemented the new one.
We have had a lot of good feedback about the new stats too - however as I say we will take any further comments and criticisms on board.
N/A

The poll for the new View my Usage is here:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8203

this has been discussed on several threads before. Suffice to say the old style display was MUCH faster and easier to extract all the info. you wanted out of it without multiple pop ups (assuming you allow them) and normally several delays ---- I mean surely as the view my usage is for use ONLY by people on a 56k dialup (or less!) then you would want to MINIMIZE the bandwidth required for the information, not add loads of pretty stuff which is irrelevent.

I am sure this all worked hunky dory in the lab when evaluated with unlimited bandwidth available, but lets think of the customer this is targetted at.

End of rant.