Grafter

New VMU any ETA yet

ant ETA on the new VMU tool yet Huh?
22 REPLIES
ukbrown
Grafter

New VMU any ETA yet

VMBU, when do we get it ?

Was the announcement of the new one vapourware ??

It looked good.
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

Hi ukbrown,

From all I've read on this subject in the forums recently F9 havent committed themselves too a precise date yet. The main jist I got was that as they are in the process of changing users accounts, services & profiles,etc over too there new shiny automated network management tools and the new VMBU tool would become live as part of that change. I think I read that users on the old scheme wouldnt get the new version of VMBU until they had their account moved accross to the automated system but no time scale was given.

** i.e. dont hold your breath though, it will probably just appear one day suddenly?

Ivan
JonathanW
Grafter

New VMU any ETA yet

We've not rolled the new VMBU out to anyone yet, other than a hand full of test accounts that are being used by both staff and members of PUG. Part of this is down to the fact that the testing highlighted some further issues that we're taking the time to resolve, and we currently hope to have the new VMBU live on Monday. But as said only people on the newer products will be able to see it at first.
astarsolutions
Grafter

New VMU any ETA yet

I see the new VMBU tool is up and running and giving out some very strange figures.
It shows me using Gaming, Streaming, and Usenet and email when I haven't used any of these, it also shows a lot of activity on the very descriptive Other row.
Could f9 provide a more detailed breakdown for those that want it such as port numbers rather than names, or at least a breakdown of the other row.
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

My billing date was yesterday and by BW usage has been reset accordingly - but I can't see the new VMBU
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

I have the new VMU on my BB+ account, and pretty nifty it is too. Not only does it break down how much I have used on/ off peak, it also shows how much has been used on each protocol. I'm impressed Smiley.

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New VMU any ETA yet

Hi,

Most Premier and Plus accounts should now be seeing the new VMBU if they've been billed this month and their account has been changed over to the new Premier up 8Mbps Option 1, 2 or 3 or Plus up to 8Mbps.

Some customers may be seeing small amounts of data on the gaming or FTP or one of the other catagories. This is perfectly normal. I've been testing out the new VMBU for the past few weeks and when I match up the traffic showing up on VMBU it ties in with the background noise and random pings and probes that bounce off my firewall.

I've had gaming traffic showing up because at some point in the week I had an Unreal Tournament server set up and people are still trying to connect to me a few days later. I've seen a little FTP showing up because I've been pinged on port 21. Similar for some of the other types of traffic.
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

Hi,

Most Premier and Plus accounts should now be seeing the new VMBU if they've been billed this month and their account has been changed over to the new Premier up 8Mbps Option 1, 2 or 3 or Plus up to 8Mbps.

So it's perfectly OK if I'm on a Premier account and I'm not seeing the new VMBU? Can I start using my connection again between 8am and 4pm yet, or does that still count as peak time?

Should I raise a ticket to try and get it updated? (yes, I have disconnected and reconnected)
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

I don't think it is quite right though Dave. Mine shows 2.94mb of data transfer for today. I have had my connection live all day today downloading Windows updates, anti- virus updates and my last email had a 5mb attachment!!

Regards

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

New VMU any ETA yet

So it's perfectly OK if I'm on a Premier account and I'm not seeing the new VMBU? Can I start using my connection again between 8am and 4pm yet, or does that still count as peak time?

Have you had an email yet saying that your account has been changed over to the new product? If not I'll chase this up tomorrow for you and find out.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

New VMU any ETA yet

I don't think it is quite right though Dave. Mine shows 2.94mb of data transfer for today. I have had my connection live all day today downloading Windows updates, anti- virus updates and my last email had a 5mb attachment!!

Do you know when it updated? I think most of them were updated this evening and unfortunately it can only record data from the point it changed over I believe. It can also be up to 2 hours behind. Give it 24 hours and see if it looks right after that, if not let me know and I'll look into it.

Edit: fixed quote tag
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

Yes Dave, I did notice that it has changed since I last looked at about 5pm (ish). I'll keep an eye on it, but it looks as though I may have gained some this month then? (not that i'd use it anyway, it is still too much to use what I have Smiley).

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

New VMU any ETA yet

Thanks, mine did the same when it was reset when I first started testing. First update came in after just over an hour or so with a few MB, when I was expecting nearly 1GB. Showed up about an hour and a half later when the next update was processed.
N/A

New VMU any ETA yet

Oh yes, so it does . My proper 30mb for the day is now showing Sad On the plus side, most of that yesterday was classed as peak, today it would have all been off peak Smiley

Mark