cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VMBU for BB+

N/A

New VMBU for BB+

When the new VMBU tool was launched it was not made available to BB+ users as it was felt it did not apply to them and would confuse us!

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35097

Surely now that FTP on BB+ has been restricted so heavily and relies on our usage during peak/off peak (whenever that may be) surely the VMBU tool should be made available to all?

Please can BB+ users have access to the new VMBU? Utill we have how can PN restrict traffic so heavily?

Finally, where can I find an exact explanation of what is allowed on BB+ and at what times?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Re: New VMBU for BB+

Finally, where can I find an exact explanation of what is allowed on BB+ and at what times?

its in the updated vision for 2006 is it not?? i go and have a look soon.
Community Veteran

New VMBU for BB+

It only gives specific details for premier. For BB+, it says....
BROADBAND PLUS:
Broadband Plus is not designed for heavy downloading. More than 95% of Broadband Plus customers use less than 10GB per month so the vast majority of customers will see an improvement in download speeds for outside of peak 8am-midnight hours and light and moderate customers will also speed improvements. Heavier users will see downloading in peak times get progressively slower as they download more and more.

P2P/usenet/FTP will still be speed restricted on BB+ (as the account is not designed for them) but what speeds you are likely to see peak/off-peak is unknown and what constitutes a light, medium or heavy downloader is also unknown.
rammie1976
Grafter

New VMBU for BB+

...P2P/usenet/FTP will still be speed restricted on BB+ (as the account is not designed for them) but what speeds you are likely to see peak/off-peak is unknown and what constitutes a light, medium or heavy downloader is also unknown.

And is likely to change at anytime.
N/A

New VMBU for BB+

Peter, you have hit the nail on the head there!

It is this lack of any detail for how BB+ is treated/managed that is the cause for concern and worry. It is only your comment that says FTP is restricted on BB+, not the 2006 Vision. No mention of restrictions on FTP were mentioned as part of my BB+ signup process and I have received no notification from PN as to a change in my service. This is also the 2006 Vision, not December 2005.

What sort of performance should light/medium/heavy users on BB+ expect and when? Does it reset each billing month, are there soft/hard caps? What are classed light/medium/heavy users?

How are customers meant to make an informed decision and monitor/amend their online behaviour without firstly the information against which they are being measured (i.e. the policy PN are following) and secondly without the tool to monitor their behavour (i.e. VMBU)?