cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Referal. No response from support desk

N/A

I recommended plus net to a good friend of mine. He duly signed up ( He was moving house within 15 days) but was told by BT that the broadband connection would be moved along with the line(He wanted to keep his own number).
As luck would have it Plusnet connected his broadband on the very day of his move, bt for some reason, although his old phone number works in his new house the broadband doesn't.
He's tried calling the help desk for over two weeks now.
He's been charged for the original connection, and now plusnet have advised him that they've going to take the next payment from his account. He's been calling the helpdesk constantly but has had no repky at all until recently when
he said that he wanted to cancel the service. Plusnet then advised him that they would charge him 72 pounds to cancel the service that he's never had yet.
All he wants is BROADBAND. What should he do now ?
Are there any other phone number he could call to actually
speak to a human being without having to wait hours on the phone?
12 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

I am not 100% sure I am reading this correctly, but it seems that your friend signed up for broadband with PlusNet at one address. He then decided to move house before the PN account became active.

The house move has taken place and the phonline is up and running yet the adsl is activated at the old premises, based on the information supplied to PlusNet by your friend?

If BT told him that the adsl moved to the new premises just like that, then frankly they lied. That is not how it works, not even close.

If I have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick, then let me know and put me straight.

This looks like a strange one indeed, but hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.
Smiley
N/A

Hi Mark,
Yes its very strange, I think it all stems from the fact
that BT can arrange to have your old number moved to your new address and thinking that BT would also arrange for all services connected to that phone line to be moved as well.
Anyway all he wants to do is talk to somebody and get it sorted out, he doesn't mind paying for a service of course
but gets a little miffed when he's been charged for the initial installation and advised that he will be billed again
shortly when he's not even getting the service yet.
He's given all the BT circuit numbers over the phone to Plusnet but, as I mentioned before, no one has come back to help him sort this out.
Thanks again
N/A

... no one has come back to help him sort this out.
Thanks again

Doesn't bode well for the future does it Tony? :|
N/A

Hi Tony.

Basically a lack of understanding is the problem here. Fully understandable due to the fact the information regarding the move process isnt too easy to find at the moment.

The ADSL move process or simultaneous provide is complicated enough at the best of times, but your friends house move, whilst waiting for initial activation has added a further complication.

Firstly BT will charge PlusNet £47 for the initial activation. They will charge a further fee for moving the adsl.

BT frequently miscommunicate the move process to customers. BT retail move your phone line. BT Wholesale in conjunction with the ISP move the ADSL. The first point of contact in any simultaneous move process has to be the ISP.

Unfortunately when customers phone BT Retail (150) they, BT, forget to tell the customer that bit and chaos rules.

Your friends situation is fixable but slightly complicated and the financial implications for BT, PlusNet and the customer have to be considered.

Its best to leave this one up to PN to sort and as such I have flagged this to them for their advice and guidance.

Can you give us a username for the affected account and any ticket numbers relating to this query?

Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.
James
Grafter

About as useful as a bright spark with no useful addition to the conversation.

Tony,

If you can let me know the username of your friend, I'll make sure we look into it for him.
N/A

oooo touche James....
Laugh
Grafter

Perhaps they same thing could be said about the responses PN put on tickets? Wink
N/A

I thought it was a helpful post actually; if a customer is having problems with a service and can't get any help from PlusNet support before they even get an account, then it has to be helpful to point this out to them at this stage surely?

Oh by the way, feel free to remove the bright spark title anytime you want. Smiley
N/A

Lets get this back on topic folks and restore some semblence of assistance to the OP.

Thanks.
N/A

Hi Mark
I'me actually with my friend at the moment, he hasn't got the plusnet reference numbers to hand but his user name is:
david101@plusnet.com ( We think thats what it is) Anything you can do will be great. I know this situation is unusual but
I think that plusnet should be able to handle this.

Thanks again
N/A

BT Wholesale in conjunction with the ISP move the ADSL

Actually it's more complicated than this, BT Openreach does the physical work of wiring the customers line to the DSLAM's. So BT retail place an order on to BT wholesale to move the phone than BTw must place an order on to Openreach to do the physical jumpering. For BB PN must place an order on to BTw who than place an order on to Openreach to do the physical jumpering. No wonder problems are encountered. :roll:
N/A

Hi Tony.

Thatnks for that. I'll see what the Comms Team suggest.