cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Names

N/A

New User Names

I have been waiting since the webmail incident for some sort of announcement from Plus Net on how we can change our user names. This was promised some time ago however all has gone quiet and from reading some of the posts it looks like Plus Net are hoping people will just get on with it and forget about changing their user name

I am not interested in a so called free domain name or completing a virtual obstacle course to sort the spam problem, I just want to given a new user name.

So Plus Net.....Whats the latest, how much longer do we have to wait. If new user names will never be available then please state so now rather than string us along.
9 REPLIES
N/A

New User Names

I would like to know this also. The spam i am getting all of a sudden has tripled Evil
N/A

New User Names

Hopefully this should explain what you are after
N/A

New User Names

You need to click on the following path:- Help & Support / Help Assistant / Customer Services & Billing / Account Management / Request that my User Name is Changed.
N/A

New User Names

I appreciate your trying to help but I did say without completing a virtual obstacle course.

Sounds like switching ISP will be the only easy option.

By the way does anyone know if the free dial up accounts expire if you don't dial into the regularly. If they don't expire could this be a way of handling mail, i.e. run two Plus Net accounts, one free for mail and one for Broadband, Telephone Etc. This assumes the accounts don't expire and that you can send / receive mail to a dial up account while networked to a broadband account. This would just leave the postmaster email to sort.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

New User Names

If they don't expire could this be a way of handling mail, i.e. run two Plus Net accounts, one free for mail and one for Broadband, Telephone Etc

This is one way to deal with the problem, the PAYG dial-up account will remain open as long as the email is collected, the portal logged into OR the dial-up used every 90 days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

New User Names

I think Plus Net need to come up with a better solution. The approach to this problem seems to be very fragmented. Has Plus Net considered switching all who want to from username@plus.com to something like username@plus2.com or something like that.

Also can you confirm that we can use outlook to send & receive mail to a free dial up account when connected to your existing broadband account?
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

New User Names

Hopefully this should explain what you are after
:?: Very! Have you used invisible ink? Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

New User Names

Yep, think they've missed the URL tag Wink
Ianwild
Grafter

New User Names

We've considered lots of things...

We settled on:

- Making the change username option available, as per the portal path above (This was announced - apologies if you missed it). All requests received so far should be completed by next week. This however is complicated, as for legal reasons we must create a brand new account, and to do this we must call you up and get new payment details etc (We are not allowed to transfer them under PCI guidance). Coordinating things is a nightmare and there is no way around it.

- Offering a free .uk domain name (already done) and providing the ability to entirely switch off your account username email. That means you get a completely new email address of your choice which will be completely spam free. That option should be available next Tuesday, subject to the work passing testing.

I'm hopeful those two options will work for everyone - If it doesn't work for you please let me know why and we will see what else needs to be done.

Regards,

Ian