cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Traffic Graphs

Ben_Brown
Grafter

New Traffic Graphs

We are pleased to announce that we have now rolled out the new Broadband Bandwidth Usage graphs.

These are now separate for PAYG, Plus and Premier, and can be viewed at http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/troubleshooting/adsl_utilisation.shtml.
19 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

New Traffic Graphs

Nice, but is the available bandwidth shown a true reflection. i.e. if the graph shows 25% free, is there actually 25% free or is it on a different scale.
N/A

New Traffic Graphs

It will say 50% or more free within the next month or so Wink
Ben_Brown
Grafter

New Traffic Graphs

The graphs show the current usage across our residential broadband products, and are updated every 30 minutes.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

New Traffic Graphs

That's a really interesting set of graphs which show very clearly that PAYG and Plus have about 10% of the demand each and Premier has 80%.
This would seem to indicate that tinkering (traffic shaping) in order to keep within the overall capacity of the pipes must be done on Premier as well as Plus and PAYG.
What is not clear is if the traffic shaping is done on a global basis or on an allocated usage for each of the three products.
If it is done on a global basis then Premier must take an equal share of the pain but if it is on an individual product basis (such gold/silver/bronze on Plus) against an individual limit then it would be useful to know the preset or assumed limits for each product.
From previous posts I would assume that Plus has defined limit otherwise the gold/silver/bronze categories won't work.

EDIT - the broadband plus graph has changed - peak was about 180Mb and is now 220Mb - looks like the scale got moved as the first 4 days went from nothing to about 40Mb
N/A

New Traffic Graphs

Will we be getting this for our individual accounts too?
N/A

New Traffic Graphs

Do these charts show that there is currently no need for contention?

Simon
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

New Traffic Graphs

I don't think so as the overall peak is about 2920Mb but I can't see any obvious traffic shaping from the profile of the individual graphs
painswck
Grafter

New Traffic Graphs

So what happened to total utilisation and the business customers then.
csogilvie
Grafter

New Traffic Graphs

I'd still like the old graphs to be available too Sad
N/A

New Traffic Graphs

They look good, a big improvement over the old ones. I preferred the filled line style though. Smiley
Community Veteran

New Traffic Graphs

Like Colin, I would like the overall graph to be shown as well because you cannot determin the maximum usage using what is there now (probably one of the reaons they were changed no doubt).

So I'm all for more info but not at the expense of an overall graph.

So bring back the old ones please.
Julie
Grafter

New Traffic Graphs

Yes nice
I have to agree with others here, I would also like to see the overall graph so we are able to still see the maximum usage.
Please can you add this back as well, thanks
N/A

New Traffic Graphs

Ditto. Bring Back the overall graph.
N/A

Re: New Traffic Graphs

We are pleased to announce that we have now rolled out the new Broadband Bandwidth Usage graphs.

These are now separate for PAYG

Are you sure that they are working correctly though?

See my post here

Would you explain how this can happen and would you credit me with my £1.25 plus a gesture of good will please?