cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Terms and Conditions

N/A

New Terms and Conditions

In addition to the changes should Plusnet change their company name to CRAPNET?

Migrate to e7even.com. They are cheaper and better!
:x
5 REPLIES
N/A

New Terms and Conditions

I do wonder what the quality of connection will be from e7even for the price you are paying. If you look at the e7even forum on ADSLGuide, you will see there are numerous reports of slow speeds (0.5-1Mb on a 2Mb link!).

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again - you get what you pay for. So if you aren't bothered about performance, they seem like a good alternative to PlusNet but I do think, in terms of ISPs, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel if you migrate from PN to e7even :?

EDIT: I notice they have an Easynet LLUStream agreement which changes things a bit. If your exchange is LLUd with Easynet kit then they could well be a viable alternative since they will be able to by pass BT offering faster broadband at a cheaper price. Something to keep an eye on Wink
N/A

New Terms and Conditions

Be aware that LLU Stream has traffic shaping applied, before the ISP.

I believe this is one of the reasons PlusNet have not opted for it yet, in that they would want to perform the shaping, knowing they had control over it.
N/A

New Terms and Conditions

Thanks acarr, I didn't know that! Very interesting Smiley
N/A

New Terms and Conditions

Neither did I until about 3 weeks ago.

I understand all of the current LLU providers that wholesale products off, do the same thing. They have to find cost savings in some place, to better BT prices.

I beleive Plusnet wanted clean but contended (as they get with BT right now), but couldn't get it, yet.

It's only a matter of time before somebody offers it.
LiamM
Grafter

New Terms and Conditions

swhancock, I don't believe this thread is particularly helpful.

Should you wish to raise any serious discussion, please feel free to start another thread.

As such, I am locking this.