cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T&C's and caps

N/A

New T&C's and caps

Why not release the limits prior to the new terms and conditions having to be accepted? Would it not save some possible arguements to have released these figures before the end of the month?
18 REPLIES
N/A

New T&C's and caps

What packages does this apply to?
N/A

New T&C's and caps

Any, I don't think it matters if you're paying £15 of £40 wouldn't you like to know before resigning up?
Community Veteran

New T&C's and caps

@dorling

Nobody knows what products it will apply to, and nobody knows what "it" actually is yet.

At the moment there is speculation about limits being imposed, doubtful that they will be hard caps, and more speculation about what happens when you reach those limits.

I can see this is your first post, and as such would not want to see any of the discussions here put you off taking part. It may be worth your time reading a selection of the topics of interest and get a grounding on just what is being discussed, and what people suspect is happening.

There is a lot of uncertainty and unrest in the forums at present, but until anything is announced (if there is anything to announce) then its all just guesswork.

There are unhappy people in the forums, and there are happy people too - its when these two camps start attacking each other rather than discussing the topic that the slanging matches start. Just keep clear of that and you will be fine.

Welcome aboard - sorry the sea is a bit choppy just now! :lol:
N/A

New T&C's and caps

No problem, I was directed to PN but a person at work, he seems to have no trouble at all. I was reading through the whole forums and it doesn't put me off considering it's still two sided. I'm still waiting for activation so it'll be interesting.

Thanks for the welcome. Cheesy
Community Veteran

New T&C's and caps

PN are due to make an announcement on this tomorrow (thurs) so keep an eye out.
N/A

New T&C's and caps

well with the post dave been doing lately it aint going be good either caps or extreme shaping to the extent of no p2p....infact is that not pretty much happening already....

by way in those post should they really be saying other isp will have to do it....that seems like bad publicity to the other competitors make them sound as though they'll go down same road
Community Veteran

New T&C's and caps

Other ISP's will have to shape the traffic or at least manage it in some respect - Dave has correctly pointed out that a few users can gobble up the bandwidth that far exceeds what they pay for, and far exceeds the excess that low users pay for.

So there will be a limit when every ISP has to shape traffic or do something about the bandwidth being used - that is unless their other products more than cover enough spare capacity for them not to do this.

The problem arrises when the level at which the ISP has to implement this is far too low, i.e. the ammount of revenue they generate from each customer dictates that they have to set the level of unsustainable usage at a point where many users experience shaping effects.

Those ISP's with a greater revenue per customer figure, can afford more bandwidth per customer and therefore can afford to set the level at which shaping/throttling takes place. This in turn means less people affected by it and less moans in public forums.

Dave is technically correct, and it would appear that most ISP's wil have to do something bout this at some point - obviously a greater revenue per customer figure gives them more room for manoeuvre.

Lets see what this announcement is tomorrow and make our judgments then.
N/A

New T&C's and caps

@Chesterfield

Sorry for the ignorance, I keep an eye on the forums but been pretty busy the last couple of days. Is there an announcement tomorrow, last I read Dave was saying the information was to be released at the end of the month once they had 'sat down and worked it out'.
Community Veteran

New T&C's and caps

See my reply earlier. Dave said it is scheduled for tomorrow.
Community Veteran

New T&C's and caps

Ignorance? I dont expect a reply immediatley, but I hadnt directed my reply at you anyway - I just take so long writing my replies that people sneak in there first! :lol:

It does look like an announcement is to be made/published on the portal in the next couple of days:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=2034371&page=0&view=expanded&...

Quite what it is nobody knows - its just a guessing game.

Although whatever it is will probably not affect me, I still can't wait to see what it is. (I've alway been one for surprises!)
N/A

New T&C's and caps

Thanks Chesterfield, was that only on ADSL guide? If so not overly helpfull for those that don't have time to troll forums all day!

@Peter - Thnaks, was looking for a link - which Chesterfield has kindly provided.
N/A

New T&C's and caps

I don't understand why people are saying that traffic shaping or caps need to come into place because the leechers out there will make the service unsustainable. If that's the case, then why do prices come down and why haven't any of the isps which offer "unlimited" downloads gone bust?

How do other countries manage to provide insane connection speeds at lower costs with caps of say about 500gig?
Metalguru
Grafter

New T&C's and caps

Interesting to note that the BIG announcement is tomorrow (15th).

And the new T&C's have to be accepted or declined by the 16th.

Not much time to let everyone know whats going on, and then make a decision.
Metalguru
Grafter

New T&C's and caps

This is just a quick reminder , for the few of you that have read the BIG announcement today.

And possibly, the even fewer of you that totally understand it.

You now have just over 6 hours to accept or decline the new T&C's

Thats assuming the +net day ends at midnight
(*Note of caution* I can't find anything in the T&C's detailing that).