cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T&C Back dated ?

N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

OK Plusnet have changed the goal posts regarding their T&C and sending out warning emails :? Thing is i don't get how you can change your T&C and back date them to before they were implemented ? Example new T&C come in to place and people are getting warning letters and speeds slashed for infringement of T&C that were not even in place . So people who went over the new limit a month ago are being punished for a rule that did not exist then , how crazy is that .

If plusnet are going to change their terms and condition you could at least play fair . I mean new T&C and people that break it from that day forward (one month on ) then get shaped . I dont fall in to the heavy bracket , as the most iv ever used is 35GB , but this does disturb me a bit .

Have i got that right or have i got the wrong end of the stick , cos im good at that Wink
53 REPLIES
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

PlusNet have been sending emails to people, and performing measure to restrict users for months now, this isn't the first occasion.

it was performed last month, when they said it would again be performed this month.

It's not a change to the T&Cs, there ability to do this has been there pretty much since they started providing broadband.
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

So i heard wrong that people have been sent emails regarding new limits and warned they exceed them and are duly punished ?
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

No, you read right, but if you read the T&Cs thoroughly, +Net can actually do whatever the hell they like to the contract.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

New T&C Back dated ?

The usage levels aren't new. We have been using very similar criteria to determine which customers were affecting other customers with their usage for some time now. The only change we has made is to let people know what these levels are.

This is covered both in the old and new T&C's.
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

I like what i get at plusnet and i like the portal and all the web tools that come along with it . but i must admit signing up for a product and then seeing the product i signed up too changed so fundamentally is a bit worrying and then to see people not given a chance to change their Internet habits is worrying too .

Are plusnet making the New terms and conditions known to its user base ? as i only found out by chance , you cant have a new rule and not inform your user base to the new regulations .

Happy with my service worried about the future
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

The usage levels aren't new. We have been using very similar criteria to determine which customers were affecting other customers with their usage for some time now. The only change we has made is to let people know what these levels are.

This is covered both in the old and new T&C's.

So the new peak time 30 GB usage is not new ? its news to me . So all you have done is to let people know , so you have not restricted anyones broadband usage yet ?
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

Apparently they've been doing it for ages.

The fact that loads of people on these forums have suddenly started complainig they've been throttled since the announcement of the SUP guidelines is purely coincidental.

I for one call bs on that.
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

Well its up to us as the customer to make our own minds what we believe , i for one am inclined to see it your way . Saying that tho I'm still very happy with my connection and wont be going any where yet . After you have experienced the delights of Hi velocity , plus net are a walk in the park
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

I can see plusnets point on doing all of this, but at the end of the day it seems like they just want to save money. They dont want to light up another pipe so instead high usage users are being forced to use there connection less, so much for having no ties on this isp. Yes, i am one of these users that has been email regarding this, and i am going to cut my usage down, however this is hard to do when i leave my computer on a lot of the time and leave p2p programs running. I've tried looking around for bandwidth limitation programs that allow restricted speeds at certain times of day, however the only ones i've found are shareware, and im not willing to go out and purchase the software just because plusnet changed their terms.

So im asking plusnet, if they are reading this, are there any freeware tools that can do such a job? If not are you going to purchase something for me and send me a copy so i can limit my speeds? Many such p2p programs dont have ways of scheduling downloads, or limiting the speed at certain times, so the only sucessful way i've found is using another program that can limit port speeds.

In regards to plusnets comments about they've been emailing high usage customers for months, i for one was never made aware of this, and as a high usage customer i am a bit baffled as have never had one of these emails until this new policy came into effect. It is wrong that people previous usage statistics are used to enforce a new ruling, give people a chance, say to them, yes you've been a bad boy, we'll monitor your next months usage and if your still using a high usage then, then strike 1 of 3 until your restricted permenantly. Im annoyed in that im at strike 1 of 3 now, if i had know of these terms and condtions coming into effect i would of limited my downloads, but unfortunately i dont have the ability to see into the future *rubs crystal ball*

Stuart.
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

One thing i would like to ask plusnet . are you reading all of this are you taken this all in ? can you see what you are doing regards to policy and the way you are handling it and the evasiveness and lack of information to customers regarding this , this is detrimental to your company ?

I can not but feel that plusnet have damaged their reputation and the integrity of their honesty here . This to me is such a shame , as iv found support to be the best iv come across and the tools are second to none . Why let your self down like this Cry
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New T&C Back dated ?

I don't think we have let ourselves down, the action we have taken isn't something that is new, we did this last month, we did it last November and we said we would be doing it when we withdrew fair usage back in April.

What we have done is responded to customer feedback from last month and being totally open with the figures for what we consider unsustainable usage. This is exactly what customers asked for, I don't see how it's being evasive.
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

What we have done is responded to customer feedback from last month and being totally open with the figures for what we consider unsustainable usage. This is exactly what customers asked for, I don't see how it's being evasive.

Well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it , if we are bringing customer opinion in to it , i don't see to many positive posts here about it all , cant talk about AG tho as i don't go there no more . Is this what the customers want there too ?

I am neutral in all this and only saying what i see , it has not affected me and I'm happy with what i have . I really do like plusnet but feel this could of been handled better . Have you noticed an increased number of customers leaving ? some I'm sure you are glad to see go .
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

so you aid you would be doing it again in april i joined in june or july and i emailed asking if it was a unlimited service and whether this would change as i heard about fup and was told no it wouldnt..........not worried about it now like as im left but hate the fact i was miss led and could went we f2s in the first place
N/A

New T&C Back dated ?

This is what worries me , plusnet keep saying its not new and people know but customers say different . So who's lying ?