cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New - Renaming Default Mail Box

thehatman
Grafter

My default mailbox is blackholed and original username is blocked. Only "postmaster" (now directed to my domain name mail box) and specificname@ either username.plus.com or domainname.co.uk get through.

What would be the benefit of the new "change name" feature on the default box?

Would it mean that even postmaster and specificname@ would no longer be picked up by the default and only get through if directly addressed to my domain?

Or is it for something else?

Can someone explain?
14 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Renaming the default mailbox allows you to blackhole username@username emails. If this is already done or do you want to do this then there's no reason to rename the default mailbox.
thehatman
Grafter

When will we be able to turn off john@username.plus.com and postmaster@username.plus.com while retaining john@mydomain.co.uk and postmaster@mydomain.co.uk ?
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

If you raise a ticket then this can be done now.
thehatman
Grafter

I'm not sure that is so. Could a PN technical person come on and confirm?

Smiley
Andrew
Grafter

I might not be a PN tech but I can confirm that it is so!

A previous thread of mine, and personal experience confirmed this. CSC have access to a tab on 'Manage Mail' that enables them to do this - users can't see the tab so it has to be done via a ticket for now.
lingbob
Grafter

I raised a ticket[22344025] last night but despite receiving a reply that it had been done, I'm still receiving mail to <named_mailboxes>@username.plus.com
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

You will need to raise a ticket to get mail to any domain turned off at the moment.

@bitzbox, I think the support agent misunderstood what you were asking for, I've now actioned your request and re-educated the person involved. Smiley
lingbob
Grafter

Thank you very much Smiley
mcgerard
Grafter

My default mailbox username@username.plus.com was blackholed for me by PlusNet support some time ago so changing the name would be pointless as DT says. However why is not possible to delete the default box? Having a mailbox still listed (and marked as the default) when it is not capable of receiving any mail is confusing especially as the blackholing aspect of it is not visible to the customer on Manage My Mail.
Mand
Grafter

The blackholing was done via a script by out Network Admin team, so is not a standard mail function, this is why the default mailbox still shows on our system and in the portal.

Deleting it altogether is something which was never built into the system, and would cause issues with other aspects of the mail system.
thehatman
Grafter

When will we be able to turn off john@username.plus.com and postmaster@username.plus.com while retaining john@mydomain.co.uk and postmaster@mydomain.co.uk ?

So Mand, I'm still unclear. Is the above possible, and how do I action it?

Thanks Wink
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

You can turn off email for any domain on your account, including the virtual domain (username.plus.com).

You will need to raise a ticket for this, specifying that you wish to turn off email and detailing which domain(s) you want to apply it to.

Hope that helps. Smiley
thehatman
Grafter

I've just done this. Hopefully whoever actions it understands what I am asking.

If you see this Mand, or James or anyone, maybe make sure it's right.

Thanks Smiley
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Looks like it has already been done for you Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team