cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prices

N/A

New Prices

i have a problem when i sined up with you and was given a free domaine name (FREE) it is againstead the law to give out a free domaine name then after a while make a statment that you will now be charged an extra £2.00 a month for having it i belive this to be wrong i agree that if i was a new couetmer and just sined up then given the chiose of domaine name or not then that would be fair i would have madfe a choice but now you are blackmailing us into having to spend more money with no chiose what so ever i would belive that i will not be the only one in this situtation
--
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New Prices

Hi there Richard,

Your query is currently being investigated as stated in your 'contact-us' ticket.

Kind Regards
Mark.

| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+

N/A

ADSL prices

PlusNet, can you not compete with BT or Pipex? They are offering FREE connection to ADSL for a limited time.
N/A

RE: ADSL prices

> PlusNet, can you not compete with BT or Pipex? They are offering FREE connection to ADSL for a limited time.

They obviously have different business models than us but in the latest announced price cust yesterday then we are providing a cheaper subscription than both Pipex and BT and we also provide considerably more value added services included in the price.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

A FREE .co.uk domain (for example myowndomain.co.uk) that can be used for your Web space and e-mail addresses.

you cant give somthing away for free then tell us we have to pay for it (it was Free)
this is not leagle
N/A

The changes to our accounts will give all our ADSL customers greater value for money as well as a range of additional services.
Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
N/A

again i must say that you cant give somthing away for free when i sined up it was given to me for free and to others so why can you say it will now cost us £2.00 it was free you then replied (As our portal clearly states, you do not have to take advantage of the new
account type, you can retain your existing account and therefore continue to
not be charged for your existing domain name. Only if you decide to change
to one of our new lower priced account types which do not include a free
domain name, will you be charged accordingly.)

this cant be right contune to pay 35 when others are paying 22 and you stated above that i will contune to be charged for my domaine name if i choise well i was not paying for it in the first place it was free

so to those who sined up befor the change it was given FREE FREE FREE FREE so you cant charge for a free service and if we give it up you then say it will cost us £56 to cancieal the name so eather way we will get chargeg
Please what r u going to do about this
--
N/A

Dear Customer,

If the previous postings you feel were unclear, here is the bottom line.

* BT are dropping the prices of ADSL wholesale on Feb 1.

* PlusNet are lowering the prices accordingly. We have and always will continue to pass savings onto our valued customer base.

This is how we pass the savings on:

The price of ADSL will drop, company-wide. You will be charged the new, lower price.

If however you have registered / or want the .co.uk domain that comes with the account, you will be charged £2 for it.

Customer who do not want this domain will not be charged £2 a month, and people who want one have the option to pay the extra £2 per month.

As you have taken advantage of the .co.uk domain you will be paying a new lower price for your ADSL account, however you will be paying the £2/monthly charge for this.

I hope this clears things up for you, and apologies if we had not made things more clear.

Kind Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Richard,

I'm not sure that Support have addressed your question with regards to tehe legality of the free domain situation.

Legally they are unfortunately perfectly within their rights. When you signed up for your ADSL connection you agreed to the below condition. This became part of the contract that you agreed to.

"You understand and agree that if you fail to make payments of Fees when they are due, we will suspend your service, in part or in full, until payment is received in full. The .co.uk domain name which is included with certain accounts is only issued without charge based on us receiving full payment during a minimum contract period of 1 year. If your account is terminated prior to fulfilling this minimum contract period, you will be liable for the cost of the domain name that is £52.88 (including VAT). This fee will be automatically debited from your debit/credit card. Until we have received this payment we shall prohibit the release of the IPSTAG associated with this domain."

The main terms of the contract were also that for 12 months in return for the stated monthly fee (£30+VAT per month). You only became bound by the above term when you signed up for the free domain.

The current legal situation is now that for £30+VAT a month Plus.net have agreed to provide you with your free domain unless you pay the above fees to release it.

They are legally under no obligation to offer the reduced price of ADSL to us the customers - they could continue to charge the £30+VAT for the remaining term of the 12 month period. This would not make good business sense so they have made the offer of a contract with revised terms.

You are under no obligation to acceopt this. You could continue paying £30+VAT and still get your free domain per the terms of your current contract.

I think there is potentially a customer service issue here rather than a legal issue. I am unaware of the current process - support would it be possible to reiterate the above term when someone signs up for a free domain if this doesn't already happen ? It may also be worth pointing out to the user at that time that changes in packages within the term of the current contract may result in charges which could be applied or something ? This may stop users signing up for a domain for the sake of it.

Personally I'm quite happy to pay the extra £2 and still see a price drop of approx £10 in my connection.

Hope this clarifies further

Paul
N/A

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the posting.
Whenever a customer joins up to our service or changes thier account type they are given the option to review the terms and conditions. These are also available for everyone to read at any time from the Legal section of the portal.

Thanks
Chris
--
N/A

Is this option offered when the user applies for a free domain through the Control Panel (or is the above condition re-iterated ?) as it appears that this is where is may be relevant and appropriate in this instance ?

Just a thought !

Paul
N/A

When you go through the registration of a domain it does offer you the chance to review a support page showing all the information with regards to domain registration and hosting. However it is your responsability to be aware of our terms and conditions and how they may affect you.

Thanks
Chris
--

N/A

No more questions your honour !

Keep up the good work

Paul
N/A

Thanks Tongue

We are working hard to give all our customers lower prices and still bring the products and services which make our accounts what they are.

Thanks
Chris
--
N/A

> Thank you for your reply but you still not answered my question, further more you sate * ADSL Home with Domain option - At £25.34, save £21.65 a month
* ADSL Home basic account - At £22.99, save £24 a month
* ADSL Home Self-Install (Annual contract option) - At £22.99, save £12.26 a month
* ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly contract option) - At £25.99, save £15.14 a month

my contract is ADSL self install annual account so bye your words all I need to pay is 22.99 ok if you try to take any more ill take this matter up further

Yours Richard Othen

Ps what happened to my call back from you im still waiting