cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Portal Web Statistics go live from tomorrow.

N/A

New Portal Web Statistics go live from tomorrow.

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to announce that from tomorrow morning, a brand new Web Statistics system will be available on our portal at http://portal.plus.net. Webstats can help you spot trends and tailor the development of your sites, as well as providing valuable feedback about who has visited your website and what pages they looked at.

There is no extra configuration required to use the new Webstats system, but if you haven’t already done so, you will need to activate your Webstats from the portal and wait 24 hours for us to be able to collect enough data to start processing your statistics.

The new system brings together the raw log files that we have been providing to customers for some time now, and uses the excellent Webalizer software. This will provide you with the most up to date, accurate and detailed information possible, all easily accessible
through our web portal.

Detailed information, and a tutorial on how to get the most from Webstats will also be made available in the Customer Support section of our portal from tomorrow.

We continually aim to improve the services we offer. If you have any comments or feedback about the new Webstats system then please do let us know, either via our lively portal Discussion Forums and newsgroups, or through the Contact Us section of our web portal.

Best Wishes,

PlusNet Customer Support
MyReferrals - It Pays To Recommend PlusNet
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New Portal Web Statistics go live from tomorrow.

> We continually aim to improve the services we offer. If you have any comments or feedback about the new Webstats system then please do let us know, either via our lively portal Discussion Forums and newsgroups, or through the Contact Us section of our web portal.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> PlusNet Customer Support
> MyReferrals - It Pays To Recommend PlusNet

It's good to see the long awaited return of the Webstats system, hopefully it's here to stay.. Keep up the good work.

A few quick points. We will see if it was just a blip, but I am missing the raw log file for the 22nd May. Also when I click on the link to view the new stats for my site, in the pop up window the address is shown as www.101ukshops.com. I have never heard of this site and it's not mine. However when you click on the month to view it, it then shows the correct name and the stats are for my domain name.

From what I can see the setup for this new system has had a few restrictions placed upon it. For example the "Top 30 of 57 Total URL's" has no link to view the full 57 (like Webalizer does). I am I right in thinking this is sort of a cut down version?, and if we need to see more we need to download the raw log files and process them to view in Webalizer.

Lastly, a bit of a silly question I suppose, but I guess there's no way we can add stats to the new service ? The reason I ask is because I have the raw files for the whole of April and May.

Any thoughts from Customer Support about the above comments, whould be appreciated.

Dave W.
slanjavah
Grafter

> > We continually aim to improve the services we offer. If you have any comments or feedback about the new Webstats system then please do let us know, either via our lively portal Discussion Forums and newsgroups, or through the Contact Us section of our web portal.
> >
> > Best Wishes,
> >
> > PlusNet Customer Support
> > MyReferrals - It Pays To Recommend PlusNet
>
>
> It's good to see the long awaited return of the Webstats system, hopefully it's here to stay.. Keep up the good work.
>
> A few quick points. We will see if it was just a blip, but I am missing the raw log file for the 22nd May. Also when I click on the link to view the new stats for my site, in the pop up window the address is shown as www.101ukshops.com. I have never heard of this site and it's not mine. However when you click on the month to view it, it then shows the correct name and the stats are for my domain name.
>
> From what I can see the setup for this new system has had a few restrictions placed upon it. For example the "Top 30 of 57 Total URL's" has no link to view the full 57 (like Webalizer does). I am I right in thinking this is sort of a cut down version?, and if we need to see more we need to download the raw log files and process them to view in Webalizer.
>
> Lastly, a bit of a silly question I suppose, but I guess there's no way we can add stats to the new service ? The reason I ask is because I have the raw files for the whole of April and May.
>
> Any thoughts from Customer Support about the above comments, whould be appreciated.
>
> Dave W.

Silly question but do we need to install any other software such as Webalizer and if so where can i download this from.
last time I tried this could not get it to work properly. my pc runs windows 98

Jim
N/A

> Silly question but do we need to install any other software such as Webalizer and if so where can i download this from.
> last time I tried this could not get it to work properly. my pc runs windows 98
>
> Jim
>

Hi Jim,

I believe that +Net have setup this new system so that we don't need to install Webalizer on our machines and process the logs files ourselves.

You would only need it if you wanted to know more information from the raw logs files that +Net don't report on.

Hope that helps.

Dave
oliverb
Grafter

That's great news. I was impressed by the old portal system initially but as time went on it seemed to lose it in a big way, reaching a limit when I found I was getting someone else's log for about a fortnight.

I read about the raw logs, and downloaded them a couple of times, but didn't have the patience to download them every day. Saw the explanation of how to automate it using scripts but gave up at that point.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the new system
N/A

anyway its working now . Woot +net didi something ahead of schedule for once Tongue

go and check your webstats now and see how long till it busts again Cheesy
N/A

> That's great news. I was impressed by the old portal system initially but as time went on it seemed to lose it in a big way, reaching a limit when I found I was getting someone else's log for about a fortnight.
>
> I read about the raw logs, and downloaded them a couple of times, but didn't have the patience to download them every day. Saw the explanation of how to automate it using scripts but gave up at that point.

Hi,

I can see what you're saying. Using this new platform, we have designed a system that incorprates the comprehensiveness of Webalizer while being scalable at the same time.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----