cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Portal - Text Size

N/A

New Portal - Text Size

Hi,
In general the new portal has a very "clean" look & seems faster to load than previously, my only comment is that the text in the Member Centre section panel seems very small and requires me to switch the browser text size from 'smaller' (which is fine for other sites) to 'medium' in order to read it comfortably.

Oh yes, there was a weird thing last night when everytime I tried to check my email with Outlook Express my connection disconnected!Huh
Best Wishes
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New Portal - Text Size

> In general the new portal has a very "clean" look & seems faster to load than previously, my only comment is that the text in the Member Centre section panel seems very small and requires me to switch the browser text size from 'smaller' (which is fine for other sites) to 'medium' in order to read it comfortably.
Hi there,
Thanks for the feedback. The decision was taken to choose that particular font size following certain web guidelines (so that the site is optimally visually appealing to the most common web configuration). The site is best viewed under default settings in IE5+ at 800x600 or above - unfortunately some customers will have altered settings and it would not look as clear. All we can suggest in this case is that you adjust your text size, unless you have a browser that will let you have a per-site font size policy.
> Oh yes, there was a weird thing last night when everytime I tried to check my email with Outlook Express my connection disconnected!Huh
I'm not sure what this is, it may be that your email client is set to "always dial this connection" when checking your mail, but the default dial connection is something different to your account with us.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Thanks for that swift response, I am using IE6+ at 800x600. So..what browser that will let me have a per-site font size policyHuh Do tell... Please :confused:

> > In general the new portal has a very "clean" look & seems faster to load than previously, my only comment is that the text in the Member Centre section panel seems very small and requires me to switch the browser text size from 'smaller' (which is fine for other sites) to 'medium' in order to read it comfortably.
>
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. The decision was taken to choose that particular font size following certain web guidelines (so that the site is optimally visually appealing to the most common web configuration). The site is best viewed under default settings in IE5+ at 800x600 or above - unfortunately some customers will have altered settings and it would not look as clear. All we can suggest in this case is that you adjust your text size, unless you have a browser that will let you have a per-site font size policy.
>
> > Oh yes, there was a weird thing last night when everytime I tried to check my email with Outlook Express my connection disconnected!Huh
>
> I'm not sure what this is, it may be that your email client is set to "always dial this connection" when checking your mail, but the default dial connection is something different to your account with us.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Community Veteran

> > Oh yes, there was a weird thing last night when everytime I tried to check my email with Outlook Express my connection disconnected!Huh
>
> I'm not sure what this is, it may be that your email client is set to "always dial this connection" when checking your mail, but the default dial connection is something different to your account with us.
>

It could also be that Outlook Express is set to hang up after sending and receiving mail?

Check on Tools \ options \ connection and make sure that this option is not set.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

> Thanks for that swift response, I am using IE6+ at 800x600. So..what browser that will let me have a per-site font size policyHuh Do tell... Please :confused:
Hi there,
I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen one. I know some browsers let you use specific style-sheets of your own and set policies on those, which would have similar effect.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

John, you are absolutley right! How the heck it got changed I have no idea... Except... I just upated my virus protection and there was an option to hang up after auto-download, I guess this might have messed with OE tooHuh>
>
> > > Oh yes, there was a weird thing last night when everytime I tried to check my email with Outlook Express my connection disconnected!Huh
> >
> > I'm not sure what this is, it may be that your email client is set to "always dial this connection" when checking your mail, but the default dial connection is something different to your account with us.
> >
>
> It could also be that Outlook Express is set to hang up after sending and receiving mail?
>
> Check on Tools \ options \ connection and make sure that this option is not set.
>
> --
> Regards
> John
> http://www.hmrg.co.uk