cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet USENET cap

N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

Does the announced 15GB cap to be imposed on Plusnet USENET servers constitute a change in the Terms and Conditions?
12 REPLIES
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

Probably not (without reading through all the T&C and ammendments).
It'll be hidden away somewhere in double-speak and ambiguous wording
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

USENET cap? does this mean it is now going to only allow us to download 15gb from their own usenet servers, or usenet servers in general? if in general then thats a bit unfair.
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

15GB per month on Plusnet servers, all third party servers will continue to be strangled by Plusnets traffic shaping during peak hours.

See the announcement for your self here:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33146&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=345
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: make way for the rush of people heading for the exit
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

This was mentioned way back in June, so this is NO new surprise unlike their other exercises ...
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

Mentioned way back in june, which is before I became a member then. Guess I will have to go back to my third party usenet host. More money down the drain :-(
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

OMG another limitation.

Let me know when you introduce this, my request for a mac will be the same day Evil Evil Evil

Enough is enough
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

Yep same here the day this comes in is the day Im off
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

Requested my Mac last night. (not had a response yet!)

Sorry Plusnet but can't stand any more limitations and throttling on external Usenet accounts.

I doubt I'll be the last.
michaelscott
Grafter

New Plusnet USENET cap

PlusNet's usenet servers weren't all that good anyway. Anybody who takes Usenet seriously has a premium account and the new 15Gb limit that will push Usenet into the Silver shaping category will mean an increase in performance for the serious people Tongue
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

It will be the silver for Plusnets USENET only, 3rd party servers will remain strangled in bronze.
N/A

New Plusnet USENET cap

It will be the silver for Plusnets USENET only, 3rd party servers will remain strangled in bronze.

Which basically means that anyone serious about USENET usage really should question continuing with Plusnet...that is an incredibly bad policy I think. I wonder what the imapct has been on the customer base as I am on the move now along with most on the thread that raised the issue intially.

Robert