cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Moderator vote discussion

N/A

Please keep discussions of the moderator election to this thread.

Best of luck to both candidates.
72 REPLIES
Julie
Grafter

The very best of luck to both Tom and Daniel Smiley
N/A

The Very best of luck and may you both be winners .From reading both your posts in recent weeks the choice is hard .Oh well time to flip that double header and vote twice , :lol:
Community Veteran

Looks like It's over before it's begun as usual! Oh well at least I can come second Tongue

I'll save the congrats until the fat lady sings just incase though ;-)
N/A

I'll save the congrats until the fat lady sings

Then, demand a re-run due to the error on the "ballot paper"! Wink
N/A

well,

good luck daniel my the best man win...
im surprised that theres only the two of us tbh.
anyway gotta get of this pda and chase the testing on my line up.

ill be checking back.

regards,
N/A

im surprised that theres only the two of us tbh.

I'm not!

The eligibility criteria was made so narrow, that it was the most likely outcome, in my opinion.

As an exercise in "community involvement", the outcome of the nominations tells a story- only 2 nominations; one from Plusnet staff and the other from an existing moderator.

That said, you can only compete on the rules that exist, so I don't intend any disrespect to you or your opponent .
N/A

Just to clarify. Both candidates received a number of nominations from other members of the community. We simply used the first nominations received for each candidate in the voting thread.
N/A

goldenpeninsula,

sorry if my state caused some ill feeling as none was meant.

i think it was also mentioned that they were guidelines aand not concrete set rules.
anyway, lets leave that be and save on the cussing etc.

daniel, as you rightly said above, theres ample time left ( 8 if i am right ) in which time anything could happen.

regards,
Alecto
Grafter

The eligibility criteria was made so narrow, that it was the most likely outcome, in my opinion.

Well mr peninsula, I was waiting for you to get your post count up so I could nominate you. :lol:

And how do you know there weren't loads of other nominations but the nominees didn't want putting forward?

Never mind, if you've got 500 posts by next time, I'll make sure you go forward. Tongue
N/A

Thank you for that clarification, pcsni.

As I indicated, but will nevertheless clarify, my comments were not an attack on the quality of the candidates that were nominated and met the criteria.

I maintain that a narrow field was the most likely outcome, because the vast majority of the community were not eligible for consideration.

I was primarily responding to a particular point that tomspcs made, as my views on the process are probably already known.
N/A

Well mr peninsula, I was waiting for you to get your post count up so I could nominate you. :lol:

Likewise, I've been waiting for you to berate me for my views in this thread. It hasn't taken you long! :lol:

And how do you know there weren't loads of other nominations but the nominees didn't want putting forward?

I don't, so you raise a fair point.
Perhaps the moderators would clarify?
However, I maintain that a narrow field was the most likely outcome, because the vast majority of the community were not eligible for consideration.

Never mind, if you've got 500 posts by next time, I'll make sure you go forward. Tongue

I'm doing well in this thread, aren't I! :lol:
N/A

Perhaps the moderators would clarify?

Yes a number of other forum members were nominated, however, due to a variety of reasons they decined the nomination.

I will add that there were no self nominations.
Community Veteran

there was a fair number of people (who met the criteria) who where aproached by other users and put forward who decided they where not interested for one reason or another. Geoff was one of them.
N/A

Thanks, pcsni. I have taken that on-board and revised my view.

I maintain that a narrow field was the most likely outcome, because the vast majority of the community were not eligible for consideration, and some of those who were, would not be able to commit themselves to the role if nominated. :lol:

sorry if my state caused some ill feeling as none was meant.

You have nothing to apologise for.
I reserve ill-feeling for more important matters.
I give my opinions more freely, to any available audience. :lol: