cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Moderator Selection

Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

As you may have noticed by now, fellow Moderator Liam (martinfamily) has announced that he is to depart for pastures new in Plusnet towers. See the thread here for details.
The remaining Moderators wish Liam all the best for the future in his new career and no doubt we will still see him on the forums from time to time.

This of course now leaves us with the need to find a suitable replacement for Liam and we will be using the same process as last time for selection.

STEP 1
A nomination is required from a forum user to suggest another user who is willing to accept the position. The nominator must PM one of the exisiting mods with a short text (no more than 8 lines) explaining why they think their nominee would make a good forum moderator. This text will be used as part of the public voting thread. A user can not nominate themselves. All nominations must be complete by the end of 24/09/2006.
However if a person who feels they would make a good moderator has not been nominated by another forum user. That person may PM one of the moderators who will then discuss the issue among the other moderators with a view to one of them possibly being the sponsor for that user. This PM must be received by the existing Moderators before 18/09/2006

STEP 2
The moderators will then assess that the nominated party fits into the following criteria -

1. Must have been a PlusNet customer for at least 6 months and currently be using a PlusNet paid account.

2. Must have made at least 250 posts on the forums.

3.Can not have been banned or warned for forum conduct in the last 3 months.

If the candidate does not fit within this criteria the moderators will inform the nominating member by PM.

STEP 3.
The moderators will contact the nominee by Private Message and ask them to confirm that they intend to stand for election . They will be asked to prepare no more than 8 lines of text for the public voting thread. If they do not respond by the end of 24/09/2006 or they choose not to stand, the moderators will inform the nominator by PM.
If more than 2 members nominate someone then the first recieved nomination and text will be used.

STEP 4.
The moderators will produce a list of all candiates, thier text and that of the nominating party and enter it into a forum post and the community will be given 7 days to vote for thier prefered candidate.

STEP 5
After the vote is complete, the moderators will assess the voting process to ensure it was conducted in a fair manner. If there is any evidence of unfairness then the election will be declared null and void with the whole process having to be re-run.
If all is above board, they will contact the winner asking if they intend to take the role. Once this is confirmed it will be annoucned to the community as a whole.

STEP 6
The chosen moderator will have standard moderating access for the trial period of 3 months, after which it will be increased to Moderating Administrator with full admin rights, unless we mutually decide they are not suitable to moderate the forums and another choice will be made.

Using the above rules the election process is now open for you to make nominations.

Note I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 17th so any nominations PM'd to me within those dates will not be seen until after the 17th
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

The date for nominations has now passed and we are now in a position to assess those nominations that have been made.

Step 4 of the process, the voting for the candidate will be started once the existing Moderators have completed the vetting etc.

Further information will be posted in due course.
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

Just to keep the community updated on this, we haven't forgotten about it but a slight complication has arisen which is delaying the start.
At this time I am unable to clarify too much, but all being well this should be resolved soon and we can then continue with the selection of the new moderators.
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

Sorry for the delay in progressing with the new Moderator selection.
At this stage we should have been voting on the nominations received. Only two people from those nominated were willing to accept the position. These nominations and the personal statements from the candidated are listed below.

wrote:
I would like to see Dan "no7olivier" have another shot at the MOD position.

wrote:
Currently I greatly enjoy helping out others within the community. I feel that if chosen to become a moderator I would be able to moderate fairly and impartially of my views on any given matter. I currently spend a great deal of my time here and will continue to do so - as such I feel I have the time to commit to helping to moderate the boards.

wrote:
I'd like to nominate James of @sallyandjames for moderator.
As a bright spark, he's contributed regularly and sensibly to the forums over a long period. As an IT manager by trade, he has a fair bit of technical knowhow, and I think he has all the attributes required to strengthen the moderating team.

wrote:
I've been helping on the forums now for quite a while and many of you will be familiar with my approach.
While it's obviously important to provide technical advice, the main quality that I have tried to show is impartiality. And I believe that with impartial moderators these forums will continue as an effective place for honest and open discussion between people who share a common interest - Plusnet.

However as the process reached this stage we have received news that Mark (pcsni) is to leave the Moderating team and take up employment with PlusNet.
See his posting here

This now leaves us in the position where two moderators are required to fill the vacancies.

As we only have the two nominations there is no longer any point in having a vote as both the candidates are felt to be worthy material to take up the duties of Forum Moderator.

Both James (sallyandjames) and Daniel (no7oliviar) will be given Moderator status.
We are confident that they will be worthy of the task and prove that they will be able to be given full forum administration rights in 3 months time.

Well done to them and welcome to the Moderating team.
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

Congratulations Dan and James. it is well deserved!
N/A

New Moderator Selection

Thanks Andy - I'll certainly try my best to live up to expectations.

PS. I'm away from this afternoon, returning sometime over the weekend - in case anybody wonders where I am!
N/A

New Moderator Selection

Congratulations to both Dan and James. Both of you will do a super job and I wish you well in your new roles. Your contribution thus far has been superb and I know you'll both fit in well with the current team.

Well done guys.
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

/me wonders why "Moderator sallyandjames" appears on every forum!
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

To keep everone in the picture.

sallyandjames (James) has now been given moderator status on the forums taking over from the post that Liam was in.

no7olivier (Daniel) will receive his status next Monday when Mark leaves and becomes a Plusnet employee.
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

lol, thanks guys!

Mark - good luck at PN!
N/A

New Moderator Selection

congratulation's guys Smiley
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

Cool

Congrats to:
Dan, James and Mark Smiley
craigbrass
Grafter

New Moderator Selection

Thats the third forum mod to go and work for PN. Certainly a way to get your foot in the door at PN Tongue

Congrats to the two new mods and Mark for the job tho!
Community Veteran

New Moderator Selection

lol, I'm just waiting on Geoff's reaction Tongue