cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member And Impressed!

N/A

Well it has worked for me.

Line activated and hardware delivered 1 day ahead of schedule. Up and running like a dream. Faultless. I must admit that I had some doubts after reading some messages on here. Great service so far, so it's bye bye AOL from me.
10 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Many thanks for your comments,

The forums will always be a place where unhappy users come to talk about there problems. The users that are impressed with the service wouldn't normally think twice about even visiting the portal - They are too busy using their connections.

The reality here is that if you compare us to ANY other ISP, we have a much happier bunch of users, especially on broadband. This is bourne out by the BT customer satisfaction surveying, which puts us in top place for many different aspects of the service and more publicly, the fact that last week we won the best broadband service provider category in the PC Pro magazine Reliability & Service Awards.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

I was amongt the first people in the country using unmetered dial up (if anyone remembers the screaming.net fiasco!). As such, I've moved from ISP to ISP as each service has declined in quality or value. I eventually ended up with +net after Clara's unmetered service died in a quagmire of packet loss (+net were the only other company I could find who offered an unmetered service without an in-built cut off period, which was essential for on-line gaming).

My point being, I've got experience of a very large number of ISPs, and I can honestly say that currently I'm the happiest I've ever been with the service I'm receiving. Partly this is down to value for money, but mostly it's down to the customer-friendly approach of this company, that extends from the simple things like the web portal (which I think should be a model to other companies of how things should be done) through to the more difficult areas like support (where I have always found the staff friendly and helpful).

I'll be first in the queue to complain when a company is doing things wrong, but I also believe that these things should cut both ways. It's only right to hand out praise with the same enthusiasm as criticism.
N/A

New Customer

I hope that I can also make positive comments on the service.

My line is to be activated tomorrow (Thurs 16/10/03), but as of 1245 hrs today, there has been no change in ADSL status. My starter pack has not been ordered, let alone delivered.

I trust the delay is not down to a lack of USB Modems, as discussed within the forum else where.

I will keep you all informed of my progress.
N/A

If your line is due to be activated tomorrow, then why sould there be a change in the status?

PlusNet will not change this or notify you it is live until, it is live.

As for the starter packs, these go out via overnight delivery, so it will likely go out today for your own.

As you noted, this has been stated in other posts on the forum.
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

I will make sure your modem gets dispatched today and there is no reason why you won't have it tomorrow!

There is clearly a problem somewhere here and I have raised a problem to our developers as your order should have been placed with the supplier on Monday. This would have happened regardless of stock levels so something is obviously wrong.

We have 2000 USB modems in stock now, so provided the first ones go out later without a problem then the issue of delayed Usb modems will be resolved for good.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

New customer - progress

How right you were.

at 1330hrs today, the line went active and the 'starter kit order ' was sent to the supplier.

Hopefully the courier will deliver tomorrow and I will be all singing and dancing.

As a foot note - Plus Net received the top 'PC PRO ISP BROADBAND' award for 2003 (66% of the users were 'very satisfied') CONGRATULATIONS

More news to follow
N/A

Thumbs up from me for Plusnet! My ADSL became active 2 days before my Plustnet connection date. I gave their support a call and the line was answered almost immediately, a happy chap was only to pleased to activate my account and then reassured me if I have any problems, to call straight back.

THUMBS UP!
N/A

Nice to hear your happy! i've got Connect Standard at the moment ( upgrading soon to ADSL) and i'm very happy with the service thus far Smiley
N/A

New Customer - Update

as promised here is the latest update:-

My order for the 'starter pack' status changed at 1600 hrs (15/10/03)- it is now awaiting dispatch.

I presume that I will not receive it tomorrow (16/10/03), although Ian Wild at Plusnet could not foresee why I would not.

Keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle it does.

The story will continue.......
N/A

New Customer - Final Update

The modem arrived on Friday (17/10/03)

Plugged it in, loaded the drivers etc.

Failure - in/out speed to slow to calculate.

After many further attempts to reload, change USB port etc, - Gave up.

Moved the modem to my other networked PC - loaded up etc.

Worked first time - speeds of 488 Kbps/260 Kbps.

I am now singing and dancing - the wait was worth it.

Yet another very happy PlusNet user.