Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Look!!! Oh Dear Oh Dear

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New look members page?. Help desk phone number GONE - WebCams - Gone. What's it all replaced with? A whacking great notice of when your next payment is due. By christ PlusNet your sinking lower by the day.
73 REPLIES
rammie1976
Grafter

....and on mine a reminder that my credit card expires at the end of this month!!

Deliberately I might add as I pay by direct debit, I'm not leaving +net my cc details!! Tongue
N/A

This is actually all part of trying to make things easier for people as on the whol ewe have had feedback which suggested we need to make things like this more obvious. For example when your next payment it, if you need to update details and on the whole alerts and notices for people.

Ultimately we are trying to make things as easy as possible for people and we will be adding the telephone number added back to the contact us section of the site which is the most obvious section.
N/A

I Think it looks cool Cool .. Nice one Plusnet
N/A

My next payment is due 01/01/1970 ... maybe we don't need a reminder notice on the free accounts Cheesy
glloyd
Rising Star

If your connection falls over and you need to connect via dial up the last thing you need is to search around for phone numbers. What's the problem with having the number on the front page where it's always been?

Ultimately we are trying to make things as easy as possible for people and we will be adding the telephone number added back to the contact us section of the site which is the most obvious section.
LiamM
Grafter

This is just the first in some more upcoming changes making the portal easier to use for the customer.

I personally don't think the Portal and Support section is as user friendly as it could be... and the changes are geared towards providing the end user with all the information and tools related to their service - and an easy to use self-support section too.

I reckon the new Member Centre homepage looks very stylish imo.
LiamM
Grafter

If your connection falls over and you need to connect via dial up the last thing you need is to search around for phone numbers. What's the problem with having the number on the front page where it's always been?

The telephone number will be on your signup emails which you should have kept a copy of. Then you don't need to even dialup at all.
N/A

I like it, looks good. Especially the links to the tutorials - will be very handy for broadband newbies. I do think that the service status and contact us should be there as well though. Other than that, thumbs up from me.
N/A

My next payment is due 01/01/1970 ... maybe we don't need a reminder notice on the free accounts

Agreed Smiley this will be sorted by the hard working web and portal management team who have done a great job here.
glloyd
Rising Star

Do you have a problem with the help desk phone number being easily accessible? How many people keep all the sign up info or even print it out? Yes I know they should and even if they do it can be lost. If the new layout is supposed to be designed to make things easier you don't hide one of the most vital pieces of information.

The telephone number will be on your signup emails which you should have kept a copy of. Then you don't need to even dialup at all.
N/A

Can i ask, where is the contact us page, i cant find it at all!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Under help - top right
N/A

Under help - top right

so it is... much better having a link stright off the main portal page!
Community Veteran

As you have now removed the support phone number from all the obvious places, it should now be added to the help page or at least the contact us page.

In addition, the Help button at the top should be changed to Help & support to make it clearer as I suggested in PUG many months ago but was ignored.

Also on my new member centre it states I pay my monthly fee by Debit card which is wrong as I pay by DD.