Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line Activation

rspurgeon
Grafter

New Line Activation

Hi,

My brother is moving house shortly and wants to subscribe to the Broadband Plus service.

I have read somewhere on these forums that BT can do a line and adsl provide at the same time now but you have to follow a sequence of actions.

I think that we need a reference number from Plusnet that we then give to BT who give a number back to us that we then give to plusnet, but it might be round the other wayHuh

Thanks for any help in advance! Cheesy

Richard Spurgeon.
11 REPLIES
N/A

New Line Activation

Don't know about doing line activation at the same time. I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks for a line activation.
N/A

New Line Activation

Getting a new voice 'provide' at the same time as an ADSL 'provide' will probably leapfrog you to the from of the queue!
When the BT chappie pops along to wire up his house, he can also do the ADSL provide at the same time.
Obviously BT Wholesale who look after the lines will prefer to do your bro's connection over somebody elses, as they'll get rental from BT retail for the voice part of the line, as well as fees from PN for the ADSL part of the line.
Effectively they get twice as much for not much more work. Could well be good news for you!
If he calls CS to go through it, they'll tell him exactly what he has to do (number at bottom of page)
(I also tend to find that sales calls have a lower 'hold time' than support calls)
rspurgeon
Grafter

New Line Activation

Hi Sally or James,

Thanks for your quick reply Cheesy

Will give CS a call and let you know what they say.

Kind Regards,

Richard Spurgeon
rspurgeon
Grafter

New Line Activation

Ok phoned Plusnet CS Sales team and got a friendly rep within seconds. He knew what I meant straight away and told me I need a simutanous reprovide code from BT.

Will call BT and see what happens. Cheesy

Regards,

Richard Spurgeon
N/A

New Line Activation

Sounds good to me!

Depending how much notice he has before he moves in, he may be able to get it booked for the day he moves in Wink
rspurgeon
Grafter

New Line Activation

Ok we have phoned BT and created the account and they have given us the order number which they say is the reprovide code. Sent a ticket to Plusnet with this code, so hopefully all will go smoothly.

Fingers crossed, and thanks to James for your help. Cheesy

Kind Regards,

Richard Spurgeon
Community Veteran

New Line Activation

Good Luck!
N/A

New Line Activation

Always a pleasure - we all look forward to 'meeting' your bro soon Cheesy
rspurgeon
Grafter

New Line Activation

Well the simutanous reprovide didnt work :roll:

BT didnt really know what was going on to be honest.

Anyway once the line was all connected up we placed a standard order, which was then placed with BT, but since that we have had no activation date, or response of any kind...

We have contacted Plusnet support and they blaim BT which is fine. I wonder if it is possible for someone at plusnet to find out what the reason for the delay is?? :lol:

I have one impatient brother. Smiley

username: jspurgeon

Kind Regards,

Richard Spurgeon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

New Line Activation

Hi,

It looks like it's been undergoing extra line checks, the order's showing that a line quality survey was booked. It looks as though it passed the check and is now moving onto the activation stage. As soon as we get the activation date the order tracker will be updated.
rspurgeon
Grafter

New Line Activation

Thanks Dave!,

Appriciate the response! Cheesy