Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Help & Support system

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have read many of the complaints about the new Help & Support system and the lack of service. I think some of the criticism was justified from previous viewings - namely that the ticket raising seemed to have been "hidden".

Therefore, this morning, when I needed to retrieve an email that had been quarantined, I was filled with foreboding, because it involved raising a ticket.......

To my surprise, when I went into the Help & Support pages, I found how to raise a ticket IMMEDIATELY, without any red-herrings as I had anticipated. It was all very easy, and within half an hour I received a reply from customer support. I was most impressed. I also discovered that everything is stored centrally under My Questions So I must give credit where credit is due. If this is a typical example of how the Help & Support system works, then I do not know what all the fuss has been about.

Nick
16 REPLIES
shermans
Rising Star

How interesting that after 26 viewings, there have been no response postings from all those who have been so full of complaints. I imagine that the viewings have been made by just that group of people who are disappointed to see a positive comment for a change !
N/A

I've just gone through the process on the "help" system that you probably would have done - and if you have an email in quarantine, it actually takes you straight through (3 clicks later) to a message box to type into and raise a question. That's why you had no problems.

If you have another type of enquiry, working out how to get to raise a ticket is a different story.
shermans
Rising Star

Well actually, I have just raised a completely different ticket concerning my home phone. My experience was the same - it took a couple of seconds to find where to rauise the ticket; it was dead easy. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get it answered and I will post here.
N/A

and the route that you took on the wizard was....
Community Veteran

I've just had a play with the system using several fault types to see if it's changed much but I can't see a lot that is different.

The main problem I can see is the once the help assistant page comes up then yes there is an option to raise a contact us ticket BUT its still hidden under the help assistant window and is only visible once you close that window.

It would be more helpfull if that option was to appear on the help assistant window and not be hidden beneath it. Sad
N/A

It would be more helpfull if that option was to appear on the help assistant window and not be hidden beneath it. Sad

Interestingly enough, the email quarantine one which was mentioned in the original message doesn't have a pop-up appear in front of it, and simply takes you straight to the Contact Us (raise a question or whatever it's called) form.
lingbob
Grafter

How interesting that after 26 viewings, there have been no response postings from all those who have been so full of complaints. I imagine that the viewings have been made by just that group of people who are disappointed to see a positive comment for a change !

Well, here's a positive comment about the Help Assistant from a user who has a complaint about the Help Assistant :shock:

After spending lots of time playing with the Help Assistant, I've finally figured out how to use it properly and I think it's quite good. It would be even better if it were linked to a knowledge base and I understand that at some time in the future, that will actually happen. However, my complaint is that it's impossible to raise a ticket without jumping through all the hoops and I think this is the main issue that folks have with the new Help Assistant.
shermans
Rising Star

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get it answered and I will post here.

I have only just logged in tonight and there was an answer to my ticket in my Inbox - timed at 12.06. I raised the ticket just before midday, and assuming therefore that we are on the same time (?), the answer must have been posted within half an hour.

Now honestly, I do not think anyone can reasonably complain about that.

Nick
N/A

Is that a reply from the first ticket you mentioned in your 1st post (raised sometime before 10.48am today), or the second ticket mentioned in your 3rd post at 1.02pm?
shermans
Rising Star

and the route that you took on the wizard was....

Simple really.

I clicked on:

Help & Support >
Technical Support >
Email and Webmail >
Email problems

At that point, a FAQ pop-up window started to appear which I immediately closed without reading it. (FAQs are seldom worth reading, and I personally always ignore them unless it is a very basic problem).

The screen then said :

Alternatively, ask your question of the Support Team

It seemed straightforward enough to me and I really do not see what all the fuss is about. This was the first time I had used the email support. But I did exactly the same for the telephone support before. And I imagine that the broadband support would be the same. It was frankly child's play in my experience.

Am I missing something ? I am not being provocative - I just cannot find fault with the service from my own personal experience - unless of course I have been singled out for special treatment !

Nick
N/A

The pop-up window is the main issue really. It covers the part that says you can ask a question freely, so it can seem like you are unable to send a question. It's also slightly irritating that you can't ask a question sooner in the process, rather than after 4 or 5 clicks.
N/A

I have only just logged in tonight and there was an answer to my ticket in my Inbox - timed at 12.06. I raised the ticket just before midday, and assuming therefore that we are on the same time (?), the answer must have been posted within half an hour.

Now honestly, I do not think anyone can reasonably complain about that.

Nor do I. But then I don't see anybody complaining about waiting 30 minutes for a reply. Do you?

It's great that you're satisfied with your experience with PlusNet's customer service. However, it's specious to infer from this that everyone else is getting (or was getting, at the time of complaint) good customer service, and that their complaints are thus baseless.
N/A

Contact Us needs to be at the end of almost every chain and at present it's not. I can't find it under connection problems at all, which is ironic because those are the issues Plusnet still cover under their 0845 technical support (once they answer).

Even when it is there it is, as others have already pointed out, hidden in a background window.
shermans
Rising Star

I can't find it under connection problems at all

It is there in the same place as all the others - I have just checked. After you get to the question :

"Yes, I've already checked my settings"

then the pop-up window starts to open - kill that instantly and there is the "Contact Us" alternative in the main window, just like all the others.