http://portal.f9.net.uk/residential/broadband/

Broadband PREMIER

Features include

Up to 8Mb speeds as standard
Fixed cost payments
Suitable for downloads, gaming and networking
No fixed download limits

@ £21.99 From July.....

What the hell is going on.. I got an email saying my BB with be capped at 15Gb, No fixed Download Limits!! I think this is bull!
just click in the product specs... 15gb peak download!

I think I will send this off the the Advertising standards Agency

New customers will jump the queue for 8Mb Broadband for a start.

Suitable for downloads, gaming and networking .... sorry, that lag time on the network is shocking.

Sorry force9, but it does look like you have shot yourselves in the foot by bringing in this limit

* title changed - by ukfmonline 15:11 on 26/04
8 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

New F9 Product

It's not a cap and there is no limit, it is how much you can download before traffic management is introduced.
N/A

New F9 Product

Hello mach0sker,

Can I ask are you a recent or new customer to F9Huh as the fair usage policy (FUP) was almost introduced about 18months back now, it was then with-drawn and replaced by contention ratios. And now since the 2meg service was bought online not so long back a new policy of what I call soft caps or soft limits have been introduced. There was alot of warning about the SUP (sustainable useage policy) & its been in place for quite some time now.

**By soft cap or monthly allowence you need to know that F9 do infact offer ALOT of tolerance on this scheme. If you do go over the allowence by only a small amount you probably wont be pennalised, but if you do go away over the top by hundreds of megs then you will be sent a warning email & probably have your connection traffic managed NOT disconnected like other ISP's. This means it will be slowed down until the next billing date when your bandwidth will be reset back to normal. Actually it seems quite fair to me.

**NOTE: the vast majority of ISP's all have some form of useage policy or monthly allowence. And other ISP's would deal with over useage of the service with much more severe or draconian approaches. Over use of the connection can sometimes be termed abuse if its hundreds of Gig's per month. You know downloading x10 DVD movies one after another day in day out, this kind of use does have a negative impact on the network & other users so I can see why ISP's take this view point.

**No! but I definately agree with you that F9 marketing language or wording can be very misleading. I dont agree that F9 should be allowed to use the words "unlimited" because its patently clear that this is NOT the case at all. F9 PlusNet definately operate an allowence scheme or SUP policy.

Ivan
N/A

New F9 Product

Hi Arthur

I disagree with you, it is fundamentally a CAP all be it a soft cap but NOP!! its a cap without calling it a cap thats the problem F9 are NOT coming clean about it. Again!! No your right there are no stated limits but again it very bad of F9 & I dont agree with the use of the wording unlimited bacause it IS limited again if there are soft caps & traffic management thats a limit bye its very nature. The F9 wording IS highly misleading IMO.

**If the service was unlimited how come anyone traffic managed gets their allownces reset on the next billing date, huuu!! ISNT THAT A restriction or a limit??

Ivan
astarsolutions
Grafter

New F9 Product

It depends how you define cap; I would say a cap is a limit, a set amount that when you cross or reach something happens, in this case bandwidth limitations.

Looking at the product in question I fail to see what the problem is, no ware does it say it is unlimited, the “caps” are clearly laid out and there is a good description of the product.
How did this thread get started?

I probably shouldn’t have used the phrase “there is no limit”, “there is no maximum download limit” would have been better.
N/A

New F9 Product

Arthur your right it doesn't say unlimited, it says "no download limit" which can be interpreted as unlimited to many people, especially to unsuspecting new customers. We know it aint unlimited due to the recent restrictions on our accounts.

Oh and will you be my solicitor after you've finished working for F9 :lol:
N/A

New F9 Product

i disagee,

if they state no downlimit then it should mean no download limit

which from my view says to me i can download 500mb, 10gb of 1000GB a month without any limits imposed on my account by any means, and that includes traffic shaping.

They should advertise it as

There is a fair usage policy that gives a user 15GB/100GB a month bandwitdh usage. This means they can use a maximum of 15gb during our peak times and 100gb less peaktime usage during our off-peak times.

if they can advertise the 2GB package, and other companies advertise there limits on their main pages then F9 should also advertise that

Currently the current wording is very misleading, and may void any new contract that is taken on by the wording in the advertisement.

Look at the recent advertisements for a couple of games that have recently been pulled as they were showing FMV and people complained as not every computer could display that type resolution advertised.

Also recently Bulldog were canned for their very misleading mailshot advertising broadband for £9.99 as an introductory offer

So from looking at these and they way advertising standards are clamping down on misleading information, I think F9 need to sort out the wording on their advertisement ASAP

regards
mike
N/A

New F9 Product

The whole marketing of the product should be re-adresses. The product has changed since I signed up a year ago.

P.s I have had my knuckles wrapped because to the original topic title. I stopped myself before I wrote a nasty word, trying to contain my anger. The mods decided that I might as well have used it.
N/A

New F9 Product

P.s I have had my knuckles wrapped because to the original topic title. I stopped myself before I wrote a nasty word, trying to contain my anger. The mods decided that I might as well have used it.

Hi, thanks for your kind comments regarding the mods.

What ever your views are of F9/Plusnet you are more than welcome to post here, however please may you refrain from using inappropriate language in the future within your posts. Thats all we ask for. Please follow the rules of the forums, if you need to see them, Click Here