cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DNS addresses?

churtonst31
Grafter

New DNS addresses?

In one of the "service status" updates about a recent fault I noticed reference to new "fast" DNS servers. The addresses for these servers was given as 212.159.13.49 and .50. These are different from the addresses given on the support page of this website. These are 212.159.11.150 and 13.150 .

Which should I be using?

Both sets seem to work fine.

Simon
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: New DNS addresses?

> In one of the "service status" updates about a recent fault I noticed reference to new "fast" DNS servers. The addresses for these servers was given as 212.159.13.49 and .50. These are different from the addresses given on the support page of this website. These are 212.159.11.150 and 13.150 .
>
>
> Which should I be using?
>
>
> Both sets seem to work fine.
>
>
> Simon

The new ones are for DSL, old for 56k. If you dont specify the DNS in your DUN then the new one should be used for DSL.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
churtonst31
Grafter

> The new ones are for DSL, old for 56k. If you dont specify the DNS in your DUN then the new one should be used for DSL.
>

Thanks, Gus.

Did PlusNet ever announce this? Should I have known?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> > The new ones are for DSL, old for 56k. If you dont specify the DNS in your DUN then the new one should be used for DSL.
> >
>
> Thanks, Gus.
>
> Did PlusNet ever announce this? Should I have known?

Just that there where new one's, but I've seen posts saying that the new IP's are for DSL from one or more of the CS.

But as you say both work equally well/badly Wink The DNS lookup has been a problem about a week or more before they beta'd the new ones.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

i had some problems with the old ones but the new ones work fine
N/A

> In one of the "service status" updates about a recent fault I noticed reference to new "fast" DNS servers. The addresses for these servers was given as 212.159.13.49 and .50. These are different from the addresses given on the support page of this website. These are 212.159.11.150 and 13.150 .
>
>
> Which should I be using?
>
>
> Both sets seem to work fine.
>
>
> Simon

Hi,

You're welcome to use either set, the newer ones are actually servers located in Telehouse where our ADSL connections terminate. So if you're using ADSL you may find the new addresses are slightly faster, although the main improvement is that they are higher spec servers.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----