cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer sign up Problems

N/A

Hello I have a friend that has signed up a little over 3 weeks ago.

He received his modem etc, however because he has no internet connection his not able to pick up his emails to check if everything has gone through.

He has tried to telephone a little over 7 times and says hes been in the cue each time over 30 mins

His user name is barrytate please can someone from customer support take a look and i'll ring him back and tell him the progress, he only needs to know if his adsl is up and working.
5 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

If he's already received the modem, then everything should be up and running and he just needs to follow through the instructions that came with the modem.
N/A

thanks for replying quickly

Well I've been up there house and its not able to flash up to say adsl is enabled I have a buffalo router usually it flashs' up green if its active (on mine solid green)

But its not able to pick anything up

Can you check its actually been activated so I can check other possibilities at his home.
N/A

Hi Linda

Sorry I don't if this is any help, but there is a site called mail2web http://mail2web.com/ which alows you to log onto check your email from any pc, perhaps your friend could give you his user name & pass and you could check for him. Email addy is most likely postmaster@barrytate.plus.com, though someone will tell me if this is not correct!

Not sure if this is any use, good luck with all.
JonathanW
Grafter

Can you check its actually been activated so I can check other possibilities at his home.

Hi,

Unfortunately, whilst I could check on the account, I wouldn't be able to discuss it with you here, due to the fact that we'd need some form of authentication to ensure that you're allowed to know information about the account.

Though, as I said, if the modem has been dispatched, it means his account is active and BT should have completed the work. If the equipment isn't picking up the signal properly, there's a few things to run through, before making use of the automater fault checker on our website.

Try it with nothing else connected to the line, with the modem/router connected into the BT master socket. Also try it with a different microfilter whilst its connected up like this.
N/A

All sorted

thanks for all your replies

Turned out to be master socket, I had a spare so swapped it with this and everything lit up like a xmas tree and broadband now working spot on

Cheers guys.