cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - first impressions

N/A

Hi folks,

I am a new customer, and had my 2Mb Premier account enabled on 10th December.
I set up my gear on 12th december and it all worked fine for 2 days.
Since then (almost a month now)I have had normal upload speeds and essentially zero download speeds. Speeds are so slow I can't complete a BT speedcheck any more as sessions time out.
Speeds are much slower than dialup.

My constructive criticism would be:

PLEASE attach more urgency solving problems for customers with longer standing problems.
It all seems to take so long and it all appears, from my end at least, to be all being done at a leisurely pace.
I often wait 3 days between each contact without any feedback and have to keep phoning you to try to find out what is going on!

PLEASE listen to what I am saying when I call up support - don't make assumptions about what my problem is.
You wasted a couple of days assuming I had a disconnect problem because you looked at your logs instead of listening to me - my disconnects were caused by me checking and rechecking things my end prior to contacting you.
I have rock solid sync and fine line S/N and attenuation stats - there is something stopping me getting data down the line!
If I state I have 3kbits per second download speeds - do not then record that as "sub 140kb/s" on the ticket - 140kb/s would be luxury right now!!!

Where can I find the button to add notes to tickets if I need to?
If i could keep you informed of any issues or correct your information myself online It would stop me having to stay (and pay)! on the phone for 20 minutes to get through to support.

Please think about the customers as real people - not just anonymous ticket numbers.
I may just be ticket number **********(yawn) to you - but my issues are real and affect me and my family.
My broadband connection was to be part of my 11 year old son's Christmas present.
I could not deliver!
Part of his present was also a webcam.
Which he still can not use!
No big deal to you - but you did noit see his face on christmas morning!

I do ALL of my banking and domestic management on line.
I have not been able to do this properly for almost a month - it took me 4 hours to obtain an insurance quote the other day because I have essentialy no download speed at all - it takes 30 seconds to a minute to move between each page on your portal just to look to see if there is any update on my ticket.

So - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at some system of escalation of urgency for these long standing problems - I am not moaning because I have a slightly slow connection - I have essentially NO connection and have been like this for almost a month!

In real life I am a Quality Assurance Manager - If this were happening in my business - someone would be working on this 24/7 and updating my customers daily until it was resolved.

What other business could get off with not giving their customers what they are paying for for almost a month? Mine certainly couldn't.

Sorry for the rant - but the frustration with this is getting to me!!!

GB
6 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Few points to make.

Firstly, commiserations on the poor quality of broadband service, no one should have to go out for such a long time. Force9 are usually very quick to deal with stuff, but they have to deal with BT, who move so slow iceburgs get jealous Wink

Secondly, giving an 11 year old a webcam on the internet is a bad idea, full stop, period, unless your looking over his shoulder 24/7 whilst he's on the internet that is >.<

Third, the "slower than 140" is so that it can be escalated, BT have minimum limits in which they will accept a fault, so stating its sub 140 will get it escalated.

You'll soon get a reply (probably from dtomlinson) in this thread though, but dont worry, you'll get it fixed Wink
N/A

Hi dgwebb,

Yep - very, very frustrating, especially as my wife works a fair bit from home too!

As for webcam and internet access for 11 year old - don't worry, it is VERY tightly controlled wrt urls, content and access times - all password protected and closely supervised.

After all, I've seen some of the stuff out there! :shock: - I had to go back for a second look just to make sure of what i'd seen!

Keep smiling

GB
David_W
Rising Star

It will get sorted eventually, but I know how annoying it is, i had a problem with speed, BT called and some idiot with the brains of a sprout started talking to me, so I had to connect to the BT test line thing, but cause the sprout didnt know the password, he told me to get it from F9, and I was without net access for days.

I phoned up F9 constantly to try to get my internet back, but they couldnt really help me cause I was with BT faults then, but they were polite and nice and stuff, but they couldnt tell me anything because they really didnt know anything.
N/A

Yep, I'm sure it will get there eventually -
Cry
I do not have a problem with the support guys either, other than my perception that it is all fairly low priority to them - it may be a blur of activity behind f9 / BT scenes - but I am certainly not being made aware of that!

Frustrating thing is I know of at least two people in my area who have had a similar problem - and it turned out to be a local exchange issue and took a couple of hours to fix. I just want to be able to shout at someone "check my local exchange for the switch someone turned off - no not the upload one, that big red one marked DOWNLOAD!" Smiley

I wish it were that simple!

BT are still at this stage speaking about Common Core Network faults somewhere in their system - hey don't get me wrong - if that is the cause fine - but I cant help feeling they are looking in the wrong place.

Never mind - their estimated time for repair of the Core fault is by today - so I will check my speed the minute I get home tonight - I am not holding my breath tho'!

Take Care, have a good weekend

GB
David_W
Rising Star

you too! keep your chin up, it will all be sorted eventually, and 2MB line is fast as heck, I'm sure your son will enjoy it! (and F9 put online games as a priority service, so he'll love that too Wink)
N/A

Yay!!!

I'm back in action! Cheesy

Thanks to all support staff / BT - you got there eventually - my understanding from talking to the BT man last night is that the issue was with the DSLAMS in my local exchange as suspected!

Thanks also to all you people out there who put up with my grumbling and took the time to give me some encouragement!! Wink

Cheers

GB

Now .... about these ping spikes........Huh :roll: