cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer But No Broadband

N/A

Activated on the 20th but still cannot log on looks like a bt fault.
all i get is a run around of pn
11 REPLIES
N/A

Hi and welcome to the boards.

Could I ask, what errors you are getting, what you have told PlusNet and what you have been told is happening.

It could be that Plusnet are getting the run around also and so it may give the impression it is being inflicted on you only.

Regards,
N/A

call ID: 20347958 running around in circles

I'm actually writing this on behalf of DTHoward, because he has no net... and i am looking for any way to flag this issue up i have been a PN client for quite sometime and have brought quite a few clients onboard, upto now with no issues.

i have averaged between 1/2hr to more than 1hr to get through to support... what is the use of replying to a ticket when the user has no net connectionHuh Sad

ID: 20347958 no one in support seems to fully read the comment when submitted he is supposed to be getting sent an sms when there is an update and even that isn't happening i'll paste some of the comments

[Internal Support Wizard Journey]
[Continue]
[Customer has been advised of possible BT admin fee, or fees do not apply]
[Self Install]
[Circuit in synch - YES]
[Can logon to own username - NO]
[Login to bt_test_user@realm - YES]
[Possible user/account configuration issue]
[Check radius logs and account components]
[Additional Information]
cannot auth error 691 , tested internal connected.
BT_test works fine

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 10:10pm, Friday 22nd September 2006
[internal] Passing to faults team for progression.

Regards,
link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 10:00am, Saturday 23rd September 2006
Dear Mr Howard,
Our connection logs are currently showing you as having connected to the internet since the fault was raised.

As the issue now appears to be resolved, I am closing this ticket off and you do not need to reply further to it.

If the issue has not been resolved, then if you could please contact us with further information on the fault.

Regards,

internal-
09:55 23/Sep/2006 unknown (Interim update) 87.114.10.84 21:55 22/Sep/2006 N/A 12:4:11 (on going)

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 12:35pm, Monday 25th September 2006
this is not resolved mr howard has still not logged on i expected someone to have contacted him by phone as the support guy advised him.
It still states username or password is wrong access denied!
I have logged in from my pc to check his fault status how can he see if he cannot log in I recommended plus net now it makes me look an wally!
we have confirmed his details i have typed his password in the login name field to confirm there is no typos.
we connected with the bt test account so i cannot see why it is refusing connection, unless it something to do with the clid on the line if yours is wrong?

This needs resolving asap please as they are getting very frustrated.

regards, Bob (wardt)

link:CUAremoved BOT - DSL Provisioning 3:39pm, Monday 25th September 2006
**internal** looking into fault
Regards,

link:CUAremoved BOT - DSL Provisioning 3:45pm, Monday 25th September 2006
Dear Mr Howard,
Having looked into this matter it shows that you are currently connected.
If you are still experiencing problems please inform us.

Thank you

Regards,

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 6:24pm, Monday 25th September 2006
The customer called to advise the radius logs must be incorrect as the usb modem has been powered off overnight and therefore has definately not been connected. bt_test@startup_domain has been tried but not bt_test_user@plusdsl.net advised the customer to retry these both and own login details after this.

Regards,

Your comment 6:39pm, Monday 25th September 2006
I have tried the BT_TEST_USER@PLUSDSL.net it failed with the same error as DTHOWARD please contact Trevor or Dawn Howard on (DELETED) this is their main number do not call the ADSL number as this is ADSL dedicated only.
Communication to the client would be nice instead of me looking at their tickets for them as they have no access to the internet..
please respond....
Regards, Bob

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 8:21pm, Monday 25th September 2006
[internal]

user can log onto the test bt_test@startup_domain but not the other please can you raise a fault with BT to chase this up. please can any updates be sent by SMS to the customer getting quite anxiuos now as they have never got online so far.

Regards,

link:CUAremoved BOT - DSL Logged Faults 9:12am, Tuesday 26th September 2006
[Internal] Wrong pool

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 8:39am, Wednesday 27th September 2006
Continuing checks.

Regards,

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 8:53am, Wednesday 27th September 2006
INTERNAL

Analysis
Not in synch - suggest cct reset and line test.
Circuit Information
Circuit NOT In Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 0 dB
Cell Count 0
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 0 dB
Cell Count 0

Need to confirm modem powered on.

Regards,

link:CUAremoved CSC Agent 8:59am, Wednesday 27th September 2006
Dear Mr Howard,
I have further tested your line, and this has been unable to detect your equipment on the line.

Now this could be related to the actual fault its self, so could you please confirm if your modem/router has been left plugged into the telephone line and powered up.

If it has then we will need to escalate this further with BT, but I must make you aware that as the test was unable to detect your equipment, it was also unable to fully confirm the line quality.

Could you please reply to this ticket to confirm if your equipment was left connected and powered, or if not when it will be so we can further investigate this.

I also must advise you that if we raise this to BT and their engineer finds no fault, or that the fault is due to your equipment or setup, then they can charge you for the visit. Please confirm you are aware of this, as our logs are showing that you have connected as recently as yesterday, contrary to what you are saying. This is a standard rule that applies to all faults raised to BT.

Please note our radius logs do not generally show connections that have not actually happened.

Also for your convenience I have added a free dialup number to your account to be used while we investigate this issue. The number is 0808 9933270. Just use your usual username and password (without the @plusdsl.net).

Please let us know that you are happy for us to raise this to BT and you accept the possibility of the charge from BT.

Regards,

Your comment 7:58pm, Wednesday 27th September 2006
bob ward-toynton writing on behalf of mr howard.
This issue seems to be going around in circles, mr howard is quite upset over the delay we was told 72hrs to fix but you keep bloody asking more questions!
AS STATED EARLIER MR HOWARD DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE NET AND IS NOT PC FRIENDLY. I LOOK AFTER HIS PC HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SENT SMS MESSAGES ON ANY UPDATES, YOU HAVE NOT EVEN GOT THAT RIGHT.
JUST TO CONFIRM:
1. HE WAS NOT ADVISED TO LEAVE HIS PC ON...
2. I HAVE USED A LAPOP AND GET THE SAME ERROR!
3. I HAVE JUST LOGGED IN WITH THE LAPTOP FROM MY LINE USING HIS EQUIP'T (MODEM ETC) AND IT CONNECTED!!!

HENCE IT HAS TO BE EITHER YOUR END OR A BT FAULT.

CAN SOMEONE GET THEIR FINGER OUT TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE BECAUSE I AT THE MOMENT I FEEL EMBARRASED FOR RECOMMENDING YOU, I HAVE BROUGHT OTHER CLIENT TO YOU WITH NO PROBLEM BUT THIS SEEMS SO LONG WINDED

SORRY IF THIS IS AGGRESSIVE BUT I'M NOT IN THE BEST OF MOODS..
Bob Ward-Toynton

Your comment 8:33pm, Wednesday 27th September 2006
We have just set up the dial out you said was free and it fails on user name and password
the number you provided is 0808 9933270
also please sort the SMS send a test message to mrs Howard's Phone as agreed. (deleted)

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Ive removed the names of the various agents. Please dont include these when quoting ticket responses. Thank you.]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems here, it sound like a problem on the setup of the line in BT's databases (an SSB issue where they haven't set the line up to work with plusdsl.net). If you can make sure the powers switched on and the equipment connected to the line we can get this tested and reported to BT for you. I'll check it tomorrow afternoon when I'm back in the office.

Regarding the 0808 number, is the number you are dialling from withheld? If so you will need to prefix the dial-up number with 1470 to release the number.
N/A

Cheers for that Dave Smiley .

@ Bob, I hope things will be sorted soon for you and that your friend can then get on with endless surfing Smiley

Regards,
N/A

hoping

thanks for the response guys i have never thought of using the forum before yet Dave has given me a better (quicker) response than all the phone calls i have made the equipment will be on 24 / 7 until this is resolved.
I'll give the 1470 prefix a whirl.. thanks I hope Plus net sort out a credit of time wasted to keep hime happy as he has not had a service yet?

many thanks Bob
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

This will be tested and raised to BT shortly. Please leave the hardware and pc powered up for BT to test also.
N/A

Hi Bob,

The forum is a wonderful place when it contains the answers one so desperately seeks. It is not though an official venue from which to obtain support.
This being said though, Comms do keep a keen eye on the forums for cases such as your friends and failing that we have been known to divert certain issues into their direction.

Mand, before the tests are initiated, perhaps a quick curtesy call to the user concerned to make sure the equipment is on as I feel that there may have been insufficient time to relay the message. Its your call really, just a thought Wink

Regards,
N/A

update

some one did call Mrs Howard on the 28th to let her know it was being passed to BT.
Up to now no solution has happended the modem is showing no signal, i presume / hope that BT is doing whatever repair on the line and finish today as it is now been a week. Mr Howard wanted ADSL as his kids are in college and need online studying, his patience has come to an end.he will go back to dial up.within the next day or so.
aaargh

Thanks for you comments guys..

Bob ( on behalf of T Howard)
N/A

it still amazes me how problems go through the ticketing system and phone calls and take ages to resolve, and then people post on here and the matter is jumped on quickly and it's progressed.

Coming from a technical support background I find it a shame that the technical support people are not treating the matter with the same urgency when it's initially raised.

Credit the guys on the forums who are always going "out of their way" to help people, it's shame your being let down by other in the company.
N/A

Hi Bob,

The phone call at least indicates recognition of the fact a problem exists and something is being tried.
I do agree though that some sort of acknowledgement however on whether this matter is solely in the hands of BT or not would have been superb. Not only would it have informed the user accurately, but it would also have given them hope and a reason to hang on a little longer. As it is I can understand their dispair and am sorry to hear that they much prefer Dial up following the events.

Regards,
Community Veteran

Credit the guys on the forums who are always going "out of their way" to help people, it's shame your being let down by other in the company.

tbh, that isn't really the case. The CSC agents work through the tickets in order of them being received whereas comms will pick up on issues they see lying around the forums out of the normal queing order; therefore the response from comms may look as if it's being dealt with with a higher priority than the CSC would give it but it isn't; it's just comms are more flexible to pick up on individual cases and push them along (whipping agents as needed Tongue).