cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband PAYG included data transfer

N/A

After receiving the newsletter stating that Plusnet will be increasing the Broadband PAYG account included data to 2Gb instead of 1Gb, I wondered what will be happening in my case. I already prepay for 2Gb each month so does this mean that I will receive 4Gb or will I get a reduction in the monthly fee and continue with 2Gb?
27 REPLIES
N/A

Interesting. I am a PAYG customer and not seen that newsletter. I am in the same boat as you barnes, so will be interested to see the reply.
N/A

Me neither and I had this email

Your account billing has been successful. We have taken
£35.49 (including £0.50 discount for referrals), for the billing period starting on 2006-06-06

Quite a lot considering my usage shows paid for at 3.08Gb for the period! I'm on PAYG with 1Gb included. Looks like I've been billed for my "free" usage too!
N/A

I only received the newsletter today. Here's the excerpt about PAYG:

Get more for less with Broadband Pay As You Go from June

Broadband Pay As You Go will be even better value this summer. If you’re using this service we’re doubling the included data transfer, so you'll have 2GB included each month instead of 1GB. We're also changing the way you buy extra data transfer, with additional usage sold in 2GB blocks for just £1.50 each - that's 25% off the previous price. The new prices will apply automatically, so you won't need to do anything to take advantage of these lower prices. All customers will have their accounts upgraded by the end of July.

I'm pretty sure that the usage tool is wrong. Apparently I'm using as much data at night as I am in the daytime. My nighttime usage is usually only Kbites at night and this shows correctly throughout the month but after the billing date the summary shows the usage is about 50/50 Free and Paid For.
N/A

I too had an enormous bill this month far more than usual, and had weird things happening to my account settings re monthly pre-paid bandwidth.

I also haven't heard anything about this new pricing scheme for PAYG.

PlusNET accounts seem to get screwier by the month. They'd better hurry up and sort their stuff out or they're going to be losing yet another customer here.
Community Veteran

I've not seen the newsletter either but it solves my problem of whether or not to cancel my extra GB, seeing as how VMU is telling me one thing during the month and something different once the month has finished.

'Barnes', I'm getting the same thing as you with VMU and raised a ticket about it but they didn't seem too bothered. However, there are several of us having this happen and it is being looked into. See this thread for discussion - starts towards the bottom of the first page:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43852&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
MarkC
Grafter

Is this true?

I've not had a newsletter about this yet (although they do seem to come out in dribs and drabs - I've got a mate with PAYG same as myself, and we get newsletters sometimes a week apart). If it is true then that makes PAYG a really good deal for a lot more people £14.99 for 2GB, therefore £17.99 for 6GB - summer bonus (or is it so we can watch World Cup footy without blowing the budget?)

Mark
N/A

The latest edition of the Plus Newsletter started to roll out late on 5 June.

As with previous editions this can take a few days before all customers receive it, due to the size of the customer base.

Also those who have opted out of marketing emails wont receive this.

Keep an eye on your in box over the next day or two and it should appear.
MarkC
Grafter

Newsletter

Mark (pcsni),

Can you remind me - are the newsletters held anywhere on the site at all? It would be nice to see what's being said without having to wait for the email to arrive (won't hit that old chestnut again!) Smiley
Smile

Mark
N/A

Hi Mark,

Yes, they are normally available here but the current issue doesnt appear to have been published to the site yet.

I'll see if i can get a copy posted to the forum.
MarkC
Grafter

Thanks

Mark,

Thanks for that.

Mark
Community Veteran

Re: New Broadband PAYG included data transfer

After receiving the newsletter stating that Plusnet will be increasing the Broadband PAYG account included data to 2Gb instead of 1Gb, I wondered what will be happening in my case. I already prepay for 2Gb each month so does this mean that I will receive 4Gb or will I get a reduction in the monthly fee and continue with 2Gb?

I'm interested in the answer to this as well.

Bob
N/A

I've not seen the newsletter either but it solves my problem of whether or not to cancel my extra GB, seeing as how VMU is telling me one thing during the month and something different once the month has finished.

'Barnes', I'm getting the same thing as you with VMU and raised a ticket about it but they didn't seem too bothered. However, there are several of us having this happen and it is being looked into. See this thread for discussion - starts towards the bottom of the first page:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43852&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

'sybilandbarry', I saw that thread and when I read of your problem too I decided to take screen shots just before my billing period ends which isn't until 27th June. Could you let us know if you hear anything before us.

Annie B
N/A

I guess it will work something like this.

I am currently paying £16.99 a month. £14.99 (1Gb included) and £2 for an extra 2GB, therefore 3 gig in total for £16.99.

I will now get 4 gig for £16.49 - £14.99 (2 Gb included) plus £1.50 for an extra 2Gb.

Not sure how it will work for people who currently only buy an extra gig (or any odd amount). Will they have to pay for an extra 2 gig and therefore pay 50p a month more than they do already?

Still I think it's a great deal Cheesy
N/A

I suppose if they buy 1Gb, or 3Gb, they will be able to reduce the extra they buy by 1Gb - since they get an extra 1Gb included now.

I expect this is why they increased the allowance alongside moving people to buying extra in 2Gb chunks, it allows everyone to get to the stage where data is bought in 2Gb increments without causing too much upset or costing extra.

The issue then of course is that if you go over your useage, you have to buy 2Gb now, rather than 1Gb - so PN get more money. Handy that isn't it, thats the bit that'll raise the cash to pay for the free stuff they give away Wink - your unused data doesn't roll over does it?