cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Accounts..

N/A

New Accounts..

hi all
we are currently on the old "PlusNet Business Premier - Up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem)" and paying around £80 a month for this - is it worth our while changing to the new option 3 business account? - does this effect our getting 8mb (if poss) ??
seems to be a drastic difference in costs (we seem to paying twice as much as needed) and i can't see any differences but just checking!!
it would be nice it people who have been with plusnet for a while get their account costs reduced to match current products...
3 REPLIES
N/A

New Accounts..

8MB will soon become the standard speed so if you downgrade to the lowest priced account you would still get the speed increase when available.
Walrus
Grafter

New Accounts..

As far as I understand it, the people on the highest speed products will be first to be regraded for MaxDSL. However I don't see how it applies if you are already on 'up to 8MB'.

One would hope that your account was automatically switched on the first day of regrades to a 'new flavour' ..... and price.

Definately worth checking via a ticket if no response appears here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

New Accounts..

I would guess the best course would be to hang on until you've had the speed upgrade, then downgrade to the lower price account - at least you would then be at the front of the queue for the higher speed. If you downgrade beforehand to the lower account there's no knowing how long it would be before you got the faster speed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)