cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ADSL pipe

N/A

New ADSL pipe

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to report that we will shortly be in a position to begin moving our ADSL users from our current ADSL provision, to the new 155MB pipe. This process will begin at 3:30PM today.

As users are moved they will find their connection to ADSL is dropped. Customers should be able to reconnect to the service immediately and on reconnection will be routed through the new ADSL pipe. We estimate that any distruption to the service will occur between 4PM and 6PM today, but in the event of any further unpredicted downtime we will perform an immediate rollback to the current pipe. The complete process is expected to take up to 24 hours.

We will post further updates as to the progress of the transition later
on this evening.

Best Wishes,

Customer Support
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: New ADSL pipe

can you move mine first please ? Wink
Firejack
Grafter

It looks like I’ve been moved. My DSL connection dropped at 15:32 and I was able to reconnect immediately with... you guessed it... the wrong IP!!! *LOL* Had to disconnect and reconnect a few times to get the right one.
Never mind. I’ll be back within the hour to test out this new pipe with a few speed tests Cheesy

Later,

Andrew.

Firejack
Grafter

Err... you can disregard the above post of mine. Its turns out the reason for my disconnection was a local power failure lasting a few minutes. Its was just fates way of playing with my emotions. Producing this coincidence around the time of the new pipe switch over announcement, getting me all excited for the wrong reason.
Never mind...... I'm absolutely thundering along now Cheesy
Couldn't connect for around 10 minutes at 4:30 PM (ish) No problem though, as the service is certainly fantastically fast now!

Later,

Andrew.