cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ADSL accounts

N/A

New ADSL accounts

I have confused myself about the new charging scheme.

Currently I am paying £22 a month for 512k download speed with no capacity limit, on an annual contract that is coming to an end shortly.

Is this the same as the £22 a month premier equivalent, such that I be automatically transferred over at no charge?

If I chose a cheaper option instead, is there a charge?

Getting a bit concerned about all this and the recent continual problems, with what used to be a great ISP I have recommended to several others. But probably just suspicion caused by being with other ISPs in the past that went from good to bad :-)
3 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

New ADSL accounts

If you move from your current home account to the home 512 premier annual contract then it will be free. To move to a lite (capped) account it will be £14.99/£26.74 for an annual/monthly contract respectively.

kind regards

Luke
Community Veteran

Re: New ADSL accounts

I have confused myself about the new charging scheme.

Don't worry, many people have been confused, included PN agents Wink

Currently I am paying £22 a month for 512k download speed with no capacity limit, on an annual contract that is coming to an end shortly.

I assume you mean the ADSL Home 512K @ £21.99

Is this the same as the £22 a month premier equivalent

If you mean the Broadband home 512K premier product then yes, except you get the addition of AV/spam filtering included in the new product at no additional cost.

such that I be automatically transferred over at no charge?

You will not be transfered automatically, you have to request this via contact us however...

If I chose a cheaper option instead, is there a charge?

If you mean you select a capped version of Broadband home 512K then yes, there will probably be a charge to switch to the new products.

The actual cost is detailed in the following FAQ table: http://www.plus.net/support/faq/upgrade_guide.shtml#q7

Getting a bit concerned about all this and the recent continual problems, with what used to be a great ISP I have recommended to several others. But probably just suspicion caused by being with other ISPs in the past that went from good to bad :-)

You can just stick with your current product if you wish, PlusNet are not forcing anyone to change and all your current features will remain as long as you want to.
N/A

New ADSL accounts

Thanks for the clarification.

Glad to the AV/anti spam software is 'free', because I do not use M$ :-)