cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New £9.99 package details not quite so obvious

Community Veteran

I've just read dtomlinsons post re the new £9.99 package and I followed the link. http://www.plus.net/switch/compare_us.shtml

In the usage allowance section for plusnet it says "No fixed download limits†" in the comparision section for pipex it states "Uncapped, acceptable use applies"

The "†" in the plusnet section links to a line which states Sustainable Usage Policy. The Sustainable useage text should surely be up next to the no fixed download limits. Hiding it away down their could allow many pople to wrongly believe the service is UNLIMITED. There's enough confusion about people signing up to unlimited as it is.

A
15 REPLIES
N/A

Look at the sentance "No fixed download limits", it makes no grammatical sense, it's totally meaningless.
Is it saying the limits are not fixed, they move around from day to day?
Is it saying there are no limits, fixed or otherwise?
The only way it can be read is, there are limits, but they're not fixedHuh??
Yet the total opposite is true
Restrictive limits are applied at 10g and 15G for example, these limits are fixed full stop
Its all a play on words.
Words mean what they say
But they don't say what they mean
N/A

This is the kind of thing I was getting at last week on this thread
shellsong
Grafter

N/A

Look at the sentance "No fixed download limits", it makes no grammatical sense, it's totally meaningless.
Is it saying the limits are not fixed, they move around from day to day?
Is it saying there are no limits, fixed or otherwise?
The only way it can be read is, there are limits, but they're not fixedHuh??
Yet the total opposite is true
Restrictive limits are applied at 10g and 15G for example, these limits are fixed full stop
Its all a play on words.
Words mean what they say
But they don't say what they mean

You're totally right. Whoever put that there is unbelievably stupid. Probably one of the support staff then.
Community Veteran

That comment is totally without foundation. The comms team and CS have no involvement with the content of the websites so if you want to post a derogatory remark, I suggest you do some homework and direct it at those who are responsible.

I would also suggest if you want support in the future you refrain from such remarks or you may find people just ignore you when you do have a problem.
N/A

Usually the problems I experience are not my fault but PlusNet's. And when I ask PlusNet directly, the response time makes me feel as if I'm being ignored anyway :lol:

I'm free to say whatever I want about PlusNet...you have no right to stop me.
N/A

I'm free to say whatever I want about PlusNet...you have no right to stop me.

Within the rules of the board. Wink

I will point out that personal attacks and derogatory comments against staff or other forum users are not welcome on these boards.

Feedback, be it positive or negative, is very welcome, argument and personal attacks are not so welcome.

I hope you understand.

Thanks.
N/A

Where was there a personal attack? I didn't see one.

But yes, within the rules of the board is understandable. But I haven't broken any rules, so I don't know why petervaughan is so pissed off.
N/A

your post implies that all csc agents are stupid, thats an attack/insult and as such is agains the forum rules.

I don't know what makes you think you have the rigfht to insult people, or groups of people but you certainly don't.
N/A

@shah57 It may not have been "personal" like attacking a single person who posts here, but was in general terms, as bad as calling staff "droids" or "tubbies" or worse.

You really don't know how to "win friends and influence people"...
N/A

I'm not here to win friends or influence people.

And why is everyone ignoring the fact that paulwade is actually right?
N/A

That comment is totally without foundation. The comms team and CS have no involvement with the content of the websites so if you want to post a derogatory remark, I suggest you do some homework and direct it at those who are responsible.

I would also suggest if you want support in the future you refrain from such remarks or you may find people just ignore you when you do have a problem.

You mean normal pn service?
passer
Grafter

I'm not here to win friends or influence people.

And why is everyone ignoring the fact that paulwade is actually right?

Because you distracted them with your rather childish comment. :roll:
N/A

Young at heart Wink