cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Usage Graph

N/A

Network Usage Graph

I have BB+ and I strugle to understand the network usage grpah.
Could someone interpret it to me please. What do the numbers and figures mean on the side? What is classed as high usage? How can I tell what time the graph is showing on each day?

Thanks
Stephen
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Network Usage Graph

Hi,

The graph shows the total ammount of traffic to and from all Plus accounts on our network. Its shown for a period of a week, as its more for general information than specifics.

If you're wanting to track your own usage, the VMBU tool under Connection Settings on the Member Centre.
N/A

Network Usage Graph

Hi,

The graph shows the total ammount of traffic to and from all Plus accounts on our network. Its shown for a period of a week, as its more for general information than specifics..

Are the graphs sort of irelivent as you manage traffic going through your network to keep spare capacity?Huh
JonathanW
Grafter

Network Usage Graph

Hi,

The graphs are there as a point of reference, so that people who are interested can see what traffic has been like on the network over the past few days. The management of traffic only really has an impact at busy times, so that time sensitive traffic doesn't see any drop in speed.
N/A

Network Usage Graph

What do PlusNet class as high usage on them charts?
When will I get optimal performance on P2P BB+?
N/A

Network Usage Graph

What do PlusNet class as high usage on them charts?
When will I get optimal performance on P2P BB+?

BB+ is throttled down to dialup speeds using P2P
JonathanW
Grafter

Network Usage Graph

Hi,

On the network graphs, high usage is clearly shown by the higher peaks in numbers.

As for the shaping on BB+, this shaping only applies to P2P and other bandwidth intensive applications will run slower. P2P remains usable, provided you don't mind the slower speeds, as BB+ was never intended to support such traffic. However, web browsing, email, voip and other similar services will all run at full speed on any of our accounts.

The best time for light p2p usage on BB+ would be during the early hours of the morning, before the general usage of the day starts.