Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Spending and Development Plans

Mand
Grafter

As per the announcement here

Please keep all feedback and discussion to this thread.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Am I missing something, is there no mention of staffing levels to improve the current situation?
N/A

Am I missing something, is there no mention of staffing levels to improve the current situation?

I think this is just for network equipment improvements only.

This is a quote from Ian Wild on the Usergroup forum.

This was an update from the networks team - They don't deal with staffing in the CSC (or anywhere else)!

Over the coming weeks we have a lot of stuff planned in terms of presenting details about other areas of the business. At the top of that list is a CSC Update, (which I know is overdue, and I should have posted by now in all fairness).

There is certainly no shortage of resources being put into this area either either though. That said, the proof is in the pudding on that one and it is clear that currently we aren't where we want to be. Although I don't think staffing levels are at the root of the issues within the customer support area, there are certainly plans in place to recruit as needed across the board.

Ian
N/A

So what about the staff improvements as quoted by Alistair Wyse on June 9th

Recently our business hasn't always given staff on the front-line the support and direction they needed in order to deliver the quality of service we intended. The best example of this is the adoption over recent months of simple but inflexible internal processes. Although easier for us to follow, this approach focused more on replication, rather than challenging if we were giving our customers an appropriate level of service and support for the products we supply. We have also allowed recent recruitment drives to bring down the overall skill level within our support centre.

So where is
the quality of service we intended
and what about changing the
inflexible internal processes
to be more flexible.

So reading the forum reports have you got it wrong
Most importantly for us, it all comes back to a belief that we have always held but haven't always demonstrated: If a broadband customer needs to contact us, we have fundamentally failed.
Have you now fundamentally failed??

Even in the last report of the 24th July
At the end of May we announced that we were making extensive changes across our Customer Support Centre. These changes were aimed at ensuring we could continue to offer the quality of service and support that we know you expect, and which at times recently we haven't been delivering.

It is now August, with no further report and from reading the forum still not delivering.

Surely in the 4 months F9 has been promising better things something should have improved, but what and where??

Call waiting times have got longer.

Ticket response times have got worse.

Interruptions in service are increasing.

When please are the improvements going to take place.
N/A

I totally argee with you about the Support Centre improvements, however equally important is the amount being spent on the network, and being told where and when the money is going to be spent is good to see.

Hopefully over the next few weeks these improvements will see results.