cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+Net to acknowledge that LLU has been up and down all day?

bluewhale
Grafter

I anyone from +Net going to acknowledge that LLU has been up and down all day?

Evil
218 REPLIES
James
Grafter

If LLU had been down all day, we'd have ~20k people suffering.

Yours is the only one I've seen. So, no, I'm not going to acknowledge that. What checks have you performed to ensure that the problem is not at your end?
bluewhale
Grafter

good grief!!

look my systems are not changing, since i've been on LLU the connection dropout has been quite high

what with auth errors etc etc

ok so maybe this is more localised, but it still aint at my end!

edges closer and closer to leaving...
bluewhale
Grafter

oh and BTW theres another post on here today 'LLU Down Again'

that seems to suggest i'm not the only one...
rob1969
Grafter

My connection has been dropping every five mins for two days now.I love it the way anyone to do with PN say its got to be a problem our end!! They just cant admit that they are bollock.Roll on SKY broadband,At least there will be customer service and not little bum lickers on the forums standing up for the most shoddy ISP ever..I used to love PN I now think it has to be the worst ISP in the world and I include AOL in that.
N/A

Nothing here either at the mo.... Because I managed to connect this afternoon for a few hours at 288kbps there isn't a problem!
:?:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

oh and BTW theres another post on here today 'LLU Down Again'

that seems to suggest i'm not the only one...

I'm not saying that you are the only one, just that whatever the problem is, it's not a service wide problem but more likely something that just affects you and is unlikely to be linked with any other problems, particularly if you are seeing a sync problem.

I can try and adjust the profile on your account to see if that makes a difference, do you know what your line stats are?
N/A

Add me to that list. Connection has been lost something like 7 times today.

And the last I heard on my problem ticket was 2 days ago despite me adding more comments to it, can someone give me an update pleaseHuh?

Ticket: 20073486
rob1969
Grafter

Add me to that list. Connection has been lost something like 7 times today.

And the last I heard on my problem ticket was 2 days ago despite me adding more comments to it, can someone give me an update pleaseHuh?

Ticket: 20073486

Exactly the same here I have had a ticket open for over a week probably 2 weeks if Im honest and they have answered once and this is what they said!!
Our records show that your current expected Data Transfer Rate is [ ]

Customers who have recently been moved to ‘Up to 8Mb’ are likely to experience interruption to their service ‘sync’ and variable connection speeds. Whilst a small number of genuine problems exist, most issues reported to us are in fact no cause for concern and are instead due to the way the product is designed.

Please be aware that it is common for Customers to experience periods of instability within their first 10 days service on the new product. Further information about what to expect with ‘Up to 8Mb’ DSL Max can be found on our website:-
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/getready.shtml?link=suptop5_bb1

During the life of your product BT will periodically alter your download speed to what they consider your line to be capable of at the time. This can happen due to fluctuations in noise and the consequent reductions or improvements to the quality of your line as a result of this.

From time to time your equipment may report a significantly higher sync rate than this. This is not necessarily an issue as it can take BT a number of days to upgrade your download speed after a period of deterioration. In these instances we suggest you reboot your equipment once a day for a period of 5 days to allow your connection to retrain.

Please note that if BT has not yet set your download speed, your Data Transfer Rate value will be set to 2000 by default. There is a problem that BT are aware of whereby some customers are not having their download speed set even after the first 14 days of ‘Up to 8Mb’ service. If you affected in this manner please notify us so we can raise the issue with BT on your behalf.

Customers on ‘Up to 8Mb’ should note that Broadband DSL Max is a rate-adaptive technology, and that data throughput (BRAS Data Rate) will vary dynamically according to technical issues affecting your line speed. Customer Support will not be able to influence this value where the data rate is not a ‘fault’. If you believe you are experiencing a broadband fault, please use the Fault self-test tool via the Help Assistant. This will allow you to run some basic tests and raise a fault if required.

It should also be noted that Maximum Stable Rate (MSR) is a value determined during the initial 10 day period after Max is provided, and is used as a benchmark for future fault investigation. This value is NOT a guarantee of consistent speeds. Please read the ‘Get Ready for High-speed Broadband’ page for further details.

The speed at which your modem or router connects to your broadband connection is known as your SYNC Rate. This is independent of the BRAS data transfer rate (throughput).

Regards,
Martin Dean

Our records show that your current expected Data Transfer Rate is [ ]
I mean whats that all aboutHuh
They say we may experiance problems in the first 10 days I have had this problem for a month at least.I have added comments to their answer and they have just been ignored I really cant believe how bad PLUSNET have got.They took my 29.99 today they certainly have no problem taking their monthly money,But seem to have frigging massive problems getting thier service to be reliable.Their must be some kind of legal action we customers can take,Watchdog or something?? Because I am seriously peed off with this now.
pushbikes-uk
Grafter

You can add me to the list and have a look at mine too please over the last couple of days I have lost connection so many times I am loosing count.

Its definately not with my equipment as I went down that route a few weeks ago and have a new router, I dont think there was much wrong with my old one to be honest just PN 's sucky connection but good old PC World took it back and exchanged it for me anyway. Now theres a company that give a bit of decent customer service.

Lee
N/A

I am also experiencing the same disconnection problems, do we all have problems at 'our end'? what must we have done to get this to happen? let me know and I'll recreate it. I've tried 2 different brands of routers without clearing the problem. If this is a problem at my end, then I'll have to switch to a supplier which doesn't have problems at my end!
rob1969
Grafter

I am also experiencing the same disconnection problems, do we all have problems at 'our end'? what must we have done to get this to happen? let me know and I'll recreate it. I've tried 2 different brands of routers without clearing the problem. If this is a problem at my end, then I'll have to switch to a supplier which doesn't have problems at my end!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep we must sort out our problems at our end but we are all so stupid aren`t we? Or at least thats what Plusnet must think if they think we are going to believe all the cack they spout.I am on my 3rd router too,I have changed filters so much that I have lost count, All on the advice of Plusnet,Everyone I speak(friends,Neighbours) to about the constant disconnects and slow speeds Im getting think I am a mentalist staying with Plusnet,As they all seem to be quite happy with their ISP`s and they all seem to be paying a lot less per month to me too. So perhaps they are right.
bluewhale
Grafter

particularly if you are seeing a sync problem.

nope this isn't a sync problem, but a auth problem

ie i'm still connected to the exchange but not out onto the web

and it's happened multpile times today

BTW maybe i wouldn't be so pushy about this, but since being forced onto tiscali the 'always on' has been a joke and i'm seriously not impressed...
carrot63
Grafter

nope this isn't a sync problem, but a auth problem

ie i'm still connected to the exchange but not out onto the web

I have the same problem that seems to have been getting progressively worse over the last two days. Had virtually no sync/auth problems when on Max for 3 months, just since being LLU'd. Web pages seem to be getting slower too; not the download speed, but the time between clicking a link and the page starting to DL, and I've never seen this before in 18 months on BB.
bluewhale
Grafter

me i want to move back to btw, but of course i have to pay for it?

even though i didn't ask for this move or was told it would happen