Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net access in Britain is a shambles

N/A

----snip---
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/08/10/net_access_in_britain/
Published Thursday 10th August 2000 12:11 GMT

The MD of Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet has spoken out at the confusion in the unmetered Net access market and warned that unless the issue is rectified, it could inflict long-term damage on the industry and dent consumer confidence.

In a candid interview with the The Register, Lee Strafford warned that Net users in Britain were confused by the different offers - and subsequent withdrawals - of unmetered Net access.
----snip-----

So 5 Years on, Plusnet are the ISP of Confusion, not even there STAFF knows whats going on, They LIE and there business practices are bordering on beyond belief.

What is the future for plusnet ?
12 REPLIES
N/A

at least most of them can spell though Cool
N/A

weres my spelling mistake ?
N/A

Re: Net access in Britain is a shambles

----snip---
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/08/10/net_access_in_britain/
Published Thursday 10th August 2000 12:11 GMT

The MD of Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet has spoken out at the confusion in the unmetered Net access market and warned that unless the issue is rectified, it could inflict long-term damage on the industry and dent consumer confidence.

In a candid interview with the The Register, Lee Strafford warned that Net users in Britain were confused by the different offers - and subsequent withdrawals - of unmetered Net access.
----snip-----

So 5 Years on, Plusnet are the ISP of Confusion, not even there STAFF knows whats going on, They LIE and there business practices are bordering on beyond belief.

Amen brother.
Spuddy
Grafter

weres my spelling mistake ?

"There staff" and "there business practice" should be "their".
"Whats going on" should be "what's".
"Weres my spelling mistake?" should be "where's". (that one tickled me)! :lol:

Sorry, but you did ask. Wink
N/A

This is not a spelling contest, and poking fun at people for it on these forums is not taken to kindly.

Please refrain from it.
N/A

you go for it he could have learning disabilities like dysexia like me Sad

gets you extra time in your uni exams thou Cheesy ...need it with all those big words honest :roll:
Pathfinder
Grafter

wya ot og!
N/A

Just to add insult to injury, those are grammatical errors, not spelling errors.
LiamM
Grafter

Despite Philips request, this thread has continued to divert off topic. Please only post to discuss the matter raised by the OP, otherwise this thread will be locked.
N/A

The way i see it is unless they invest in more pipes or stop taking on new users, the service is going to get worse ie d/l etc more traffic shaping just to let users get online but unable to meet the demand of the users online thus everything will slow down you name it..Voip online gameing Http and these are the things that Plusnet are prioratiseing,,

:roll: dont think i spelt that right prior mm whatever
Community Veteran

It would seem that the culture of making statements and then subsequently going back on your word would stem right from the very top.

How can we chastise people such as Ben, Stewart and Dave for posting "mis-information" when the example set by their leader is just the same?

Mind you, that is over five years ago now. Would you expect Microsoft to still stand by their statement of "a 20GB HDD will be more than enough for the future" ??

Im sure we can all look back at things we said five years ago and see that wehave changed our mind. Anyone ever said they werent having kids?, Anyone said they would quit smoking and didn't?

Saying one thing one day and doing another the next is cause for concern or questioning, but five yearsHuh
Stef
Grafter

Voip online gameing Http and these are the things that Plusnet are prioratiseing,

Sounds very senible to me.

I was convinced about email 'tar pitting' (though it was uncomfortable until I "got over it" Wink ) now I am convinced that throttling p2p downloads (under certain circumstances) now makes sense too (It's a bandwidth hog). You can pay for download bandwidth if you want it (PAYG).

The '30 min disconection' is a provision, not a reality today. New capacity will be added - though if it's just to kill off dormant logical links it would prolly not matter if it was a one or two hour inactivity timeout instead (other than in case of partial service failure)

[Gimmie WiMAX duplex - way hay its bye bye BT!!! - even 4 my home phone!]

Regards,
Earlier Adopter
[Oooh I have just realised that I am one of these - though Skype seems to have passed me by...]