cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with download test bbyw option 2 customers

Community Veteran

Could someone on bbyw option 2 try downloading the top file from this ati page and then please post the speed your download works at. You don't need to download the full file just start it and check the download speed.

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/aiwradeonx-xp.html

My download speeds for this site have gone from 500 Kbps to between 70 to 110ish all in the last 2 weeks.

I did not realies that bbyw would cripple download speeds to 256 between 6pm and 12am. Is it just me that's havong this speed problem or is it the same for everyone.

A
21 REPLIES
lingbob
Grafter

Tried it a few moments ago and the d/load speed was up and down like a yo-yo but I guess it averaged out at around 130kB/sec
Community Veteran

prety poor, 5mb sync to exchange and pn restrict downloads speeds to this low for the main 6hrs of the day.

I wasn't looking to move from PN until two weks ago. but I'm seruosly considering it now. This is not a restriction it may as well be a block.

A
N/A

Just tried it and downloaded at 112-120 KB/sec, Jack.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

<smirk mode on> just downloaded at full line speed (OK only 290kBps) <smirk mode off> and that's why I won't be moving from PAYG
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I'm on a staff account which is effectively the same as Premier and it's coming down around 120-125KB/s.

On BBYW Option 2 download servers like this are restricted to a maximum of 1Mbps, it's sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload and Imageshack that are restricted to 256kbos.
dannykos
Grafter

350k/sec NOT on BBYW2 (PAYG Cool )
N/A

I changed from PAYG to BBYW option 2 a couple of days ago.
Downloading the file a few minutes ago at about 115 KB/s.

Update:

and at 06:45 I got 470 KB/s
Community Veteran

40-50 KB/s on 4mb PAYG at 7.40am - still, its better than the 10k I was getting.

On the RIN network too, so apparently no ellacoya involvement, still its above the BT minimum acceptable levels, so its fine. :x
N/A

>800KB/s here, on PN's Business Premier acct.

I'll try BBYW2 when I get home.
dennisb66
Grafter

Settled at 55KB/s here. Cry
kreynolds
Grafter

When I tried it at 06:30 this morning it downloaded at 842 KB/s. Just tried it again now and it downloaded at 579KB/s.

This is on Premier Option 2
Community Veteran

I'm on a staff account which is effectively the same as Premier and it's coming down around 120-125KB/s.

On BBYW Option 2 download servers like this are restricted to a maximum of 1Mbps, it's sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload and Imageshack that are restricted to 256kbos.

HI Dave,

if this type of site is not restricted to 256 and as you suggest above its limit is 1Mbps then is 60 to 70 Kbps an expected figure for after 6pm or should the speed after 6pm be nearer the 1Mbps, something which it does not get even close to.

Does the speed restriction mean that the max speed for that download is 1Mbps or that the max speed for the download would be the speed expected if i were to download it on a 1 Mb line speed? hence the 60 to 70 figures.

Cheers

A
N/A

At home, on BBYW2. Averages out at around 140KB
Community Veteran

would using a download manager put me fowl of pn. I remember there was some way to increase the number of links or something IE uses to download things but I can't remember what it's called.

Does anyone know what the tweak is. I'm using vista and IE7, avant and Mozilla.

Cheers

A