cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating PlusNet Forum

N/A

Navigating PlusNet Forum

Every other forum I subscribe to has a fairly obvious "Subscribe to this thread" button which lets you specify that an email be sent to you when a reply is posted.

I can't see this anywhere on this forum, which makes finding the right threads a pain.

Am I just missing the button?

Regards

Martin
11 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Navigating PlusNet Forum

At the bottom of each page there should be a 'Watch this topic for replies' option, that should enable you to do exactly what you're after. You also have the option to watch your own posts for replies when you make it.
chrisco
Grafter

Navigating PlusNet Forum

Not sure if this is what you mean, at the bottom of the post a reply screen there is an option to notify you when a reply is posted, having said that I always tick this but it doesn't seem to work but not sure of the method of notification, I certainly don't get an email. :?
chrisco
Grafter

Navigating PlusNet Forum

Oh yes that as well, Jon, but how is the notification made as I always select this option also?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Navigating PlusNet Forum

I certainly don't get an email. :?

You should do.

Perhaps one of the mods could tell you which email address they are being sent to.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JonathanW
Grafter

Navigating PlusNet Forum

It should be emailed to your default email address, it certainly was the last few times that I watched a post. Keep in mind though that it only does it for the first reply, then you have to visit the thread to read the posts before it will send you a second notification.
Community Veteran

Navigating PlusNet Forum

It's an e-mail to the non PN contact e-mail you set when you first joined. If you no longer use that e-mail address you can PM one of the mods who will change it for you.
Community Veteran

Navigating PlusNet Forum

I understand why the ability to change the email address was removed from the profile. But is there any reason why it couldn't be displayed?
N/A

Navigating PlusNet Forum

Not sure if this is what you mean, at the bottom of the post a reply screen there is an option to notify you when a reply is posted, having said that I always tick this but it doesn't seem to work but not sure of the method of notification, I certainly don't get an email. :?

Thanks for the swift reply!

I can't believe I missed that.

Regards

Martin
chrisco
Grafter

Navigating PlusNet Forum

no7olivier wrote:
It's an e-mail to the non PN contact e-mail you set when you first joined. If you no longer use that e-mail address you can PM one of the mods who will change it for you.

Thanks Daniel, that explains it all not very logical though is it to send to an address that's US :?:
I shall PM a mod right away - now, who will it be.................... Tongue
N/A

Navigating PlusNet Forum

I understand why the ability to change the email address was removed from the profile

Please.. do enlighten us less "savvy" customers as to why this was the case? :?
Community Veteran

Navigating PlusNet Forum

I'd assumed to ensure that the forum emails went to the account holder. Although thinking about it after I posted a more sensible approach would have been to allow the user to specify the mailbox name (which could also be a redirect) with the @username.plus.com being fixed.