cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming frontpage html pages

N/A

Naming frontpage html pages

I know that the normal webspace has to have an index.html as the first page it goes to, and I have seen Charlie Hyde's sample files.

What I want to know is:

a) When I'm publishing the files that are part of my FrontPage web, does the main one of these also have to be called index.htm?

b) What's the relationship between my normal webspace and the space allocated to my FrontPage web pages? Apart from Charlie Hyde's files, what else will my main web directory be used for?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Naming frontpage html pages

Dear Customer

You can use index.html with frontpage. I think you can also use default.html as well, they both should work.

The frontpage webspace is an alternate to the normall webserver. If you want to use frontpage for the entire website there should be no problem.

Regards,

Chris.

| Chris.Taylor.................Unmetered.&.ADSL.solutions
| Customer.Support....................for.Home.&.Business
| PlusNet.Technologies Ltd............http://www.plus.net
+------My-Referrals-It-pays-to-recommend-PlusNet---------
N/A

> The frontpage webspace is an alternate to the normall webserver. If you want to use frontpage for the entire website there should be no problem.

So, am I right in thinking that my total webspace allowance can be split between CGI, FrontPage and normal Webspace servers, and is all added up together? Or are there limits on each one separately?

Also, how can I find out my account type, and what space and transfer allowances there are on my account at the moment, as the account types have changed a couple of times since I have been a subscriber, and the account I have probably doesn't have the same things it started out with?
N/A

>
> > The frontpage webspace is an alternate to the normall webserver. If you want to use frontpage for the entire website there should be no problem.
>
> So, am I right in thinking that my total webspace allowance can be split between CGI, FrontPage and normal Webspace servers, and is all added up together? Or are there limits on each one separately?
>
> Also, how can I find out my account type, and what space and transfer allowances there are on my account at the moment, as the account types have changed a couple of times since I have been a subscriber, and the account I have probably doesn't have the same things it started out with?

Hi,

There are limits on each server independently, these being:

Normal webserver: 250MB on a typical subscription residential account.
CGI: 50MB
Frontpage: 25MB

To find out the details requested for your account please raise a contact us ticket and we will be happy to advise.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

Many thanks for the quick responses! So can I infer from this that it would be both logical and acceptable to put any bulky content like graphics files on the normal webspace server, and link to them from the html files held in our Frontpage space? (NB I have now discovered I have an account with 250Mb space)
N/A

> Many thanks for the quick responses! So can I infer from this that it would be both logical and acceptable to put any bulky content like graphics files on the normal webspace server, and link to them from the html files held in our Frontpage space? (NB I have now discovered I have an account with 250Mb space)

Hi,

Yes, this would be the best way of doing it and shouldn't cause any problems.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +