cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Today I got an email pointing out that my Credit card had expired and that my next payment is due 3rd April. Well actually it hasn't expired - it expires the end of this month - close enough.

When I try to visit these forums (or anywhere else on the portal) it automatically takes me to the page to update my card details. The only trouble is I haven't got my new card yet (checked with the bank and it will be posted this week).

The nag is getting on my ..... Can't we have a yes I hear you, remind me tomorrow box to tick?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
19 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Sounds like a case for....

http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/
Community Veteran

Submitted
Liam
Grafter

Good idea that is :-)
Community Veteran

I am getting really pig sick of seeing that payment details screen!

If anyone else supports the idea of having a "yes I hear you, remind me tomorrow" box to tick, could they go and vote for the item on PUGIT:

http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=289

Thanks
James
Grafter

Surely if you update your card details the message will dissapear, or have you not received your new card yet?
N/A

Re: Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag...

The only trouble is I haven't got my new card yet (checked with the bank and it will be posted this week).

Wink
Community Veteran

I haven't received my new card yet (try reading the first post in this topic ).
James
Grafter

Stop whinging Smiley

Sorry I missed your earlier point. Whilst it's a workaround, have you thought about paying for Direct Debit?

Failing that, you're pretty much stuck with the error until PUGIT proves it's value and it gets added to the workstack.
N/A

Beat you to it Jelv!

I used to have details used for testing card details entry systems.

The details are issued by VISA so that you can check that validation rules work correctly in web forms etc.

I wonder if entering these would get shut of the nagging. (trouble is, they may try and take the payment, which won't work, and I guess then you'll not get a reminder that the details are due to expire etc.....)
N/A

Actually, thinking about it, the expiry date on the credit card makes no difference to PN anyhow!

With a continuous authority, PN can in fact claim the money against an expired card anyhow. So long at the expiry date was once issued against a card number of that name, they'll still get paid. (You can't use an expired card for one-off payments, but continuous authority's are different.)

Makes even more of a mockery of the system, since its not gonna fail to collect the payment if it tries anyway....

Just gotta make sure the coding will allow it to try, layer it in alongside a change to add a 'yeah yeah, I heard, now sling you hook and leave me alone' box and a lot more of the bases will be covered.
pjemmanuel
Grafter

On a related topic, I've had a notification today on the welcome page that my credit card is about to expire on the 31st March.
I only used that card for the initial sign up when I joined and I currently pay by direct debit.
My questions are, do I have to put in new card details? Will I get redirected to the nag screen to update the card when it does expire? And finally, if I were to put new card details in, would the card become the Primary payment method instead of the direct debit (which I don't want to happen)?
James
Grafter

Phil,

Shouldn't start nagging you!

If it does, let me know and I can always remove your card from the portal on your behalf, but if it does start nagging you then something is fundamentally wrong.
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Thanks for the reply James. It's not nagging yet - it flashed up on the welcome page - where the referrals normally show when you log in. I was only curious about it as when I followed the link for updating it shows the card as the primary payment method even though I'm using direct debit.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
Community Veteran

***** I am *****y sick of that ******* nag screen. I must see it 20 or so times a day. My card provider has apparently had a technical problem and the card has still not been sent out. Cry