cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT responding

N/A

NOT responding

Any solicitors listening?

Is it legal for plusnet to opt you INTO a service, based on you NOT responding within 14 days.
29 REPLIES
N/A

NOT responding

Im not actually sure. I mean, 14days should be acceptable but if you went pon holiday, came back, wanted out but then couldn't because the 14days had expired you would be pretty screwed and it would be in no way your fault. So no, i guess not. But im no solicitor, sorry.
N/A

opting IN

I didn't mean the 14 days, necessarilly.

it's the opting you IN. by default that's suspect.
N/A

NOT responding

iodine.

Please check your PM's.

For info, this forum is not the best place to discuss legal issues. You would be best speaking to a solicitor or CAB.
N/A

NOT responding

Plusnet aren't stupid.

They are a large company that probably have their own legal advice like any other business. Which would be used before any kind of terms or conditions were to be implemented.

If it takes you 14 days to say "No, I want out" then you are kind of asking for it.
N/A

NOT responding

Plusnet aren't stupid.

N/A

NOT responding

Your point?
N/A

NOT responding

"If it takes you 14 days to say "No, I want out" then you are kind of asking for it."

well it's taken over 14 days for them to STILL NOT tell me how they think they told me, and I've not had an answer yet.

someone said august(very specific), but they have yet to tell me where it was sent to.

I know I'm not the only one who belives they never received a notification.
They certainly get my emails to me, when they want some money

ok forget it's a legal issue, it's just an "interpretation of the terms and conditions issue" surely that comes under community support.

I wouldn't question the ethics, if the ethics wern't questionable..
passer
Grafter

NOT responding

Hi -

you could edit the thread title perhaps, to ease the tension a little? Smiley
N/A

edit title

can titles be edited?
passer
Grafter

NOT responding

I think so - open to correction, of course - I thought someone had recently corrected a spelling mistake in a thread title, Protal to Portal, if I recall correctly.
N/A

ofcom

Ofcom would seem the more appropriate people to talk to.

"If the problem relates to a particular term or condition that you feel is unfair, then you can complain to Ofcom and ask us to investigate whether the term complies with consumer protection law"
___oDiN__
Grafter

NOT responding

perhaps if u stated what your issue was we could help you

i assume its to do with the opt out made last year in which you had 14 days to reject the new t&cs.

if so i would imagine that it is perfectly legal, and yes by not replying/responding in the allocated time and continuing to use the service would contitute an acceptance.

if you hadnt/havent used the service and dispute it then you would have some recourse. but thats as i said assuming thats your gripe
Community Veteran

NOT responding

I don't think users can edit the title but if you would like it changed one of the moderators can do so. If the original poster could please state the new title in this thread and we will action it when possible.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

NOT responding

I don't think users can edit the title

Wrong - I've done it.

See this topic here

I editted my first post which started the topic.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)