cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON connection via free access tel numbers

N/A

NON connection via free access tel numbers

Come on guys what is the score here, you say it has now been fixed and yet I am still having great difficulty connecting via the free FRICO number, no prpblem with the 0845 though, hmmm surprise surprise eh.

How may other are having the same problem. We need to get together on this one people we are paying for a non exsistant service which if we can gather the figures we can present it to the DTI for their persual, investigation.
--
Steve Shannon
8 REPLIES
fallingwaters
Grafter

RE: NON connection via free access tel numbers

Hi, I am also having the same problem.

I raised a ticket two days ago but as usual they havent even bothered to reply.

They wont even reply to my posts here.

Bill
N/A

Yes, having the same problem on FRIACO dialup.
Glad to see they sorted out the DSL guys though, nice for them.

Stef
Grafter

> Yes, having the same problem on FRIACO dialup.
> Glad to see they sorted out the DSL guys though, nice for them.

I currently run three PLUSnet accounts at three different UK locations (2x0845 + 1x080Cool they have been up and running for about four months and on balance I have been very pleased with the performance (At least as good as other ISP's that I also use). I will shotly be adding more PLUSnet accounts.

I went through a phase about a month ago of a few days with 0808 connectivity problems somewhat reminisent of the 'early days' of dial-up Internet Access. I am pretty sure that these problems are not always PLUSnets fault but often to do with the special (BT) equipment that routes 0808 calls from UK regions to PLUSnet. Whilst I am sure that some of the problems are caused by Contention or are things under PLUSnets control, some of the probs are caused by 0808 STILL being a relitivley new technology - it still hasn't settled down quite yet - although it is nearly there imo. I am confident that any problems here will be fixed...

I think that 0808 is a great technology...
N/A

> Come on guys what is the score here, you say it has now been fixed and yet I am still having great difficulty connecting via the free FRICO number, no prpblem with the 0845 though, hmmm surprise surprise eh.
>
> How may other are having the same problem. We need to get together on this one people we are paying for a non exsistant service which if we can gather the figures we can present it to the DTI for their persual, investigation.
>
> --
> Steve Shannon

Steve,

What is the exact nature of the problems you have when connecting to 0808? There are no service wide problems with the 0808 numbers at present so this could be a localised problem.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

It's simple really. Your 0808 number just does not answer. I have to attempt connection at least 6/ 7 times to gain access. No problem with o845 though, connect 1st time everytime. Now if it's a BT problem, then you as their customer should be doing something about it, not just palming your custoimers off by saying there is No problem. Just read your users forums and you will know there is one. Come on guys get your head out of the sand.

--
Steve Shannon
N/A

Hmmmmmmm

I take it you work for plusnet then, cos you seem to be the only one that can connect via 0808 no problem.
--
Steve Shannon
N/A

> Come on guys what is the score here, you say it has now been fixed and yet I am still having great difficulty connecting via the free FRICO number, no prpblem with the 0845 though, hmmm surprise surprise eh.
>
> How may other are having the same problem. We need to get together on this one people we are paying for a non exsistant service which if we can gather the figures we can present it to the DTI for their persual, investigation.
>
> --
> Steve Shannon

Hi Steve,
I raised a ticket on the same problem (still open). Here's my previous post
On Monday 04/11/02 between 1840 and 1855 I tried to connect to the 0808 connection and, being a stubborn masochist tried and tried finally getting the following results before I gave up and went over to the 0845 number. THIRTY recorded announcements that the service could not be connected. ELEVEN continuous tones. THREE dropped lines after a pathetic connection at 7.2 kbps and ONE error message 'ERROR 619 - Port not connected'
I got the story about the contention ratio (but not what the ratio was) and was told to 'keep trying to connect'!!!!.
During the day, there's no connection problems - after 4pm its a different story.
Stef
Grafter

> Hmmmmmmm
>
> I take it you work for plusnet then, cos you seem to be the only one that can connect via 0808 no problem.
>
> --
> Steve Shannon

Well I've been on 0808 5 times today for a total of 5hrs so far - connects first time - EVERY TIME / data rate 48kbps - an absolutly wonderful surfing experience thanks,

and I don't work for PLUSnet.

Good luck, I hope you get a fix soon...