cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW LOOK PLUSNET

N/A

NEW LOOK PLUSNET

I do not like the new look one bit :-(. The e-mail log in section is too small and in a stupid position, it was more convient at the top, and having the search engines selection off screen is a waste of time. Back to as you were please plusnet.
16 REPLIES
grahambritten
Grafter

RE: NEW LOOK PLUSNET

>snip
In the forums, go to Older Messages in the navigation header the Show Threads and Newer Messages links break over 2 lines. It's not a major problem but doesn't look professional.

Another thing is I'm viewing on 17" CRT at 1024x768 and have now got an ugly 3" empty space on the right-hand side. Previously went right across and used all the available screen space. I haven't changed my settings, Plusnet, please change yours back.

Using IE6 + XPpro

Graham Britten
ncreu
Grafter

>
> Another thing is I'm viewing on 17" CRT at
> 1024x768 and have now got an ugly 3" empty
> space on the right-hand side. Previously
> went right across and used all the
> available screen space.

Here, Here. It's poor design to only use half the screen. The only advantage that I can see with the new design is that it looks better than the old one when I have my browser set to ignore font sizes specified on webpages.

Unfortunately, designers who use fixed fonts rarely listen when its pointed out to them that a big advantage of a Webpage over a newspaper is the ability to adjust font sizes.
N/A

> Another thing is I'm viewing on 17" CRT at
> 1024x768

This resolution also renders the menu up the left virtually unreadable as it toally screws the font up.

A cracking bit of web design Wink
N/A

>
> > Another thing is I'm viewing on 17" CRT at
> > 1024x768
>
> This resolution also renders the menu up the left virtually unreadable as it toally screws the font up.
>
> A cracking bit of web design Wink
>

Same on mine.
Plusnet please take note - this new format is user unfriendly, virtually unreadable and bordering on amateurish, please revert to the previous design.
N/A

Thankyou all for your feedback, this will be forwarded on to our content team.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Thankyou all for your feedback, this will be forwarded on to our content team.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Rob
> --
> | Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support...................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Am I the only one who prefers it then ? Viewed at 1280 x 1024 on a 17" TFT it looks fine. I find it much quicker loading as well.

Just my opinion of course.

Mark
N/A

The fonts are too small for a laptop LCD screen.
N/A

If you cant read the text on the left because it is too small and you have a wheel on your mouse, hold down ctrl and use the wheel.

N/A

> If you cant read the text on the left because it is too small and you have a wheel on your mouse, hold down ctrl and use the wheel.
Thanks - I didn't know that (I'm used to the View->Text Size stuff) - very neat.

On my usual Text Size->Medium setting the LHS Help & Support menu shows 4 lines on 3 'buttons', it only lines up correctly on Text Size->Largest and then the Products & Services & Why Choose Us? items are messed up.

I, too, do not like the condensed layout with a large gap on the RHS of the screen.

I've only tried it with IE6 now I'll try Opera & Mozilla...

Tim

N/A

> I've only tried it with IE6 now I'll try Opera & Mozilla...

No 'buttons' background to Help & Support with Opera 7 and the other items keep their shape when zoomed.
N/A

> > I've only tried it with IE6 now I'll try Opera & Mozilla...

Mozilla 1.3b acts like IE6 i.e. shows 'buttons' background which are not lined up at Text Zoom 100% (Original Size)

Ho hum...
N/A

My first impressions are that it's a great improvement - well done to those responsible.

jim
N/A

It works much better with Mac now. The old site would load up and then there would be a delay before I could activate anything. New one is much faster.
ayster
Dabbler

I actually prefer it to the old design. Looks fine on my 1024 x 768 resolution.

Altough it does seem to be just a facelift change, from what I can see by having a quick look around, there doesn't appear to be any additional funtionality.