cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

N/A

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

I have been trying to help a friend over the phone to set up this Netgear router. It is connected to Broadband but not to PlusNet and when "Connection Status" is clicked the window "Connecton Status Tiscali" comes up!

Does this mean there is a Tiscali LLU and,if so, can anyone tell me what the settings should be? Thanks in anticipation!
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

Hi there,

TBH I've never seen that before, do you have a username or a ticket ID I can take a look at?
N/A

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

Not sure exactly what you want (who are they with?). This might help though,

http://usergroup.plus.net/tiscali_faq_280706.php
Liam
Grafter

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

I have a DG834G and there is nowhere it mentions the name of the ISP except in the username box where the ISP could be the realm in the username.

All you should need to change if it's a migration is the username and password. Assuming it was previously used for ADSL.

Also, I'll just point out that we stopped moving people to Tiscali mid-last year and we've never provisioned new signups on Tiscali.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: NETGEAR DG834G Settings

Err.. Guys, he said:

It is connected to Broadband but not to PlusNet

Where did he get the router from?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Saturn
Grafter

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

I reckon a good question would be "What is currently entered in the 'Login' field under basic settings?".
N/A

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

Thanks everyone. Now connected to PlusNet (speed 8128 kbps, so assume it is BT ADSL Max); cause of the problem was wrong password!

Tiscali message remains a mystery and is still there. Router purchased from Amazon. It may be something to do with the the delivery installed software on her computer when she bought it some years ago, even though most of these things were uninstalled.
Saturn
Grafter

NETGEAR DG834G Settings

Oh, well, problem solved. Smiley