cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My usage

N/A

My usage

as a merchant seaman i am away from home 6 months of the year. but i still pay for your service for 12 months, which i dont mind doing. the question i want to ask is some weeks i dont use the internet at all, other weeks i give it a good hammering, but on average over a 3 mth period im well below my time limit online. so what happens if, say for 2 weeks i go over the max time online limit. do you take into account my previous usage paterns or just send me a email telling me to upgrade. btw im on a heavy user account. and its a big jump from 70hrs a week to 168 hrs. as you can see my online time by your usage page over the 3 mth period puts me at about 3 hrs a day, 21 hrs a week. but as you can see some weeks are very heavy. your advice needed. thx
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: My usage

Hi,

Our Connect Policing is based on a weekly allowance I am afriad. This means if you are entitled to 20 hours and you don't use it one week you can not carry it over.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ................................ Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support................................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd ........................... http://www.plus.net
+ ---------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------------
Highlighted
N/A

thx 4 the reply. what i mean is flexability. surely you take a overall view of the offenders usage over a period of time before you tell the offender to upgrade or pushoff. what if you have a 2 week holiday and your usage was over the alloted time for both weeks but for the preceding 50 weeks he/she was well under the alloted allowance. do you tell the offender to upgrade or push off.

N/A

We know that some weeks our users may go over their usage in error, this is to be expected. What we do is send out a number of reminders regarding this until the point is reached where it is realised that the account does not meet the usage pattern of the user.

Thus if you go over for a couple of weeks you may be up to your second warning. If no more over usage happens for 30 days then your warnings are automatically erased.

This way our service is well maintained, our users are well informed and on the right account to meet their needs.
Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----