What gives

Each time I run a speed test, it reports drastically slower speed:

It's now down to 255 mbps

I could write a letter quicker

Pete
9 REPLIES
N/A

My "Broadband" is getting slower & S-L-O--W---

Join the club , with btspeedtest I am on (426kbps) even though I am on 2mb premier , used to work fine router stats say 2mb . Funny thing is my upload speeds are spot on for a 2mb connection ? .
N/A

Which speed test are you using? Have you tried the BT Speed Test service? If you're still getting poor speeds with that, it would suggest a problem with the line / exchange, as it doesn't run through the PlusNet network.

Also might be worth checking the status of your exchange. Congestion at this point can cause a decrease in speed.
N/A

I have used Bt's speed test where you log on as speedtest@speedtest_domain , adsl guide speedchecker and plusnets speedchecker . Exchange status is green light . As said used to be fine with rock solid connection at 2mb but started getting slower a few weeks since which i first noticed when using bittorent , but web browsing etc has now started getting slower . No change in hardware etc .
N/A

My speeds have been all over the place for the last week (600 -1950kbps)..

Samknows and the Usertools checker showed my exchange as green when I used the Metronet checker VP's showing red for the last week (since the bulk upgrade).
http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/exchangeChecker
vic_newey
Grafter

I suggest they rename the company Minusnet
N/A

This all seems to have happened since Plusnet started traffic shaping , as before that my connection was perfect . :?
N/A

This all seems to have happened since Plusnet started traffic shaping , as before that my connection was perfect . :?

Aye, kicking off the abusers seems to have done a world of good... :lol: ...nothing better than surfing at 500kbs on a 2mbit connection
N/A

Just got a return ticket and the chap said he had checked and I am defo on 2mb at Plusnets end . So have tried the speed checkers again and I am on full speed again . Cheesy

Big thanks . Tongue
N/A

Just did a speed test and got 18.5 kbps...yay!

I am a little annoyed really, i recently moved home. In my old home i was on 2mb and it was great. I have moved here and i only get 1mb and its rubbish. The connection is flakey and the speed is poor. Whats even more annoying is, my mum has a seperate line with a BT adsl connection in which just got upgraded to 2mb?? whats that all about? Why do i only get 1mb yet she can get 2mb with BT? (dont ask why we have a seperate line...)

Now i am moving home again and having to pay some silly fee for a second time in the past few years...i would just cancel the lot but i think im stuck as i used some "deferred move option" the last time i moved...arh!! its all annoying.