cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My questions - phone contact and connection related

N/A

I know i'll get an automated/pre-scripted reply from my ticket, so I have two questions

1) Is it now impossible to get through to support via phone? I've rang around 5-6 days since Thursday and each choice seems to lead to the same section...The Fault Report area (which basically means talk to a machine about your fault and PN will call back)...I'm perfectly capable of typing and if I do have a fault I can indeed do it in a ticket. Which is also free.
I don't like calling 0845 numbers anyways, but then to talk to a machine is down right rude. And some would even call it a scam.
Although, I would love a job working for PN phone support, please PM me details :lol:

2) This is the question i'd like to ask PN phone support.
I was upgraded to 'upto 8mbps' around 5-6 days ago, and yes I know, the line will be unstable for upto 10 days..but my problem is, even though I connect between 5MBPS and 5.7, I can never download no faster than around 370kb/sec, on any speedtester.
All I want to ask is if someone could possibly check if i'm on the right profile and everything is A-ok on that side...
1 REPLY
N/A

This is my BT Speedtest result

The Performance Tester is now testing Broadband connection. Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 4000 k

Please do not move away from this page and do not start any other download activity on your computer.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 5504 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 3542 kbps

I'm supposed to be on upto 8MBIT, but my line syncs at 5.5.
Surely my IP profile shouldn't be 4000 kbps?