cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My payment is due 5 days before I migrate, what do I do?

N/A

Hi
Im on a monthly account with Plusnet, I dont owe for any hardware etc..

My payment is due 24-09-2005, But I'm Migrating to Bt on the 29-09-05
what are my options as I dont wish to pay for a months BB with Plusnet
thanks
13 REPLIES
N/A

You have no choice but to pay it.
Once migrated then ask for a refund through the ticket system.
LiamM
Grafter

Bear in mind that there is a 30day notice period. So you'll only be refunded for time that you pay for that is over the 30day notice period.
Community Veteran

It depends on whether the migration out was due to rejecting the T&C (no 30 day period applies) or under the 45 day plusnet guarantee (no 30 day period applies as well).

Only if you cancel / migrate outside of those differences des the 30 day notice period apply.

@boosta,

You always pre-pay for any ADSL service so you will have to pay the monthly fee in order to cover the 25th -> 29th period then reclaim any additional payment which is dependent on whether the 30 day notice applies or not.
N/A

When would be the best time of the month to ask for a MAC address?

Just a thought if I ever wanted to leave Wink
N/A

I requested my MAC within a day or two of being billed for my next month so allowing what should be plenty time to get migrated before the next months charges
N/A

It depends on whether the migration out was due to rejecting the T&C (no 30 day period applies) or under the 45 day plusnet guarantee (no 30 day period applies as well).

Only if you cancel / migrate outside of those differences des the 30 day notice period apply.

@boosta,

You always pre-pay for any ADSL service so you will have to pay the monthly fee in order to cover the 25th -> 29th period then reclaim any additional payment which is dependent on whether the 30 day notice applies or not.

Ive asked to migrate under my 45 day plusnet guarantee(my MAC code was issued on the 38th day of my 45 window) but CS are telling me i still need to give & pay for 30days notice i asked them to comfirm this twice and was told both times i need to give 30 days notice and will have to pay for the full month

i did post all this info with dates in a thread last night but still no replys to it from PN CS

EDIT

I dont want to hijack your thread boosta but here are some dates

03/08/05 : signed up with PN monthly Premier upto 2mb defer act fee no H/W
04/08/05 : ADSL Initial Charge £33.74
10/08/05 : Service activated
10/09/05 : Account Billing (2005-09-10 to 2005-10-09) £21.99
16/09/05 : Request to migrate under PlusNet Guarantee(37 days after service was activated)
18/09/05 : got a non to plesent phonecall from CS demanding to know why i wanted to leave under my 45 day plusnet guarantee/told i would only have to pay deferred costs if i want to leave i say ok just let me out..
18/09/05 : Payment of deferred items taken £58.75
18/09/05 : MAC issused
20/09/05 : signed up with F2S
21/09/05 : F2S comfirm migration for 30/09/05
22:09:05 : re-raise my MAC request ticket(heres where the fun starts)asking if i can get a refund for the billed and payed for dates between the 30/09/05-10/10/05 as this period is after my migration to F2S im told by CS and quote from my ticket

"Unfortunetly as per terms and conditions when migrating you will need give 30 days notice, any invoice date within that period will need to be paid in full as we do not give part refunds nor take part payments im afraid."

my reply to the above stament

"Ok no refund for the time you will not be servicing me but this migration is being carried out under my/your 45day PlusNet Guarantee therefore i will not have to give any 30day notice for this migration"

CS's reply

"Please read the terms and conditions -

This offer applies only if you are a new PlusNet customer
This offer applies to customers who decide to"migrate out" their service.
You must tell us within 45 days of your service being activated if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
The date at which your contract ends will be 30 days from the date we confirm receipt of your request to migrate. We will waive any outstanding service contract term. However customers will still be required to pay any deferred hardware/activation costs outstanding.
We will pay the lesser of:
£12.99 (Inc. VAT), or
the cost charged by your new provider for carrying out the migration.
The money will only be paid upon production of an invoice from your new provider for the migration fee. This must be produced within the 3 months following the end of your contract with us through Contact Us.
You are responsible for ensuring that we have valid credit/debit card details, in order for us to process your payment.
We reserve the right to vary the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We similarly reserve the right to terminate the offer. Any such changes will normally be announced through our Announcements section available from the Service Status page of our Portal website.
This offer is not open to resellers of any of PlusNet plc's services or accounts provided by those resellers.
All of our standard Terms & Conditions apply, and take precedence over these terms where there may be a conflict.
This offer does not affect your statutory rights."

now im a little confused I AM A NEW CUSTOMER either this guy replying hasnt read the rest of my ticket/cant add up or just doesnt understand that im migrating under the 45 day plusnet guarantee

Again i reply telling him im leaving under the 45 day plusnet guarantee so i dont need to give 30 days notice

" I am/was a new PlusNet customer check the records you will see that I signed up for this service on the 3/8/05 and placed a request for migrate under PlusNet Guarantee on the 16/09/05 so you can see i am within the 45 day window,deferred activation costs were taken by you on the 18/09/05 so as i see it i have no other costs to pay"

again im told i need to give 30days notice

"The terms and conditions state you have to give 30 days notice and pay any subscriptions within that period. If you wish to continue to argue the terms and conditions unfortunetly you will have to seek legal advise, we are in the postition nor qualified to answer any legal questions im afraid."

yet agin i tell him im leaving under the 45 day plusnet guarantee

"Im a little confused here i have told you i wish to migrate with in 45 days of my service being activated,are you telling me that i will be billed for the month of 10/10/05 to the 10/11/05 even though my migration is due due on the 30/09/05? plz advise"

and yet again im told i need to give 30days notice

"You need to give 30 days from you requested to cancel, any invoice date within this 30 days will need to be paid in full.

You raised the migration/cancellation on 16/09/05, 30 days from that makes it 16/10/05, making the invoice date within that period 10/10/2005, which needs to be paid."

Sorry about the lenght of this post but you can see from the dates that my request is within the 45days of the service being activated,So WTF are PN CS telling me i still need to give/pay for 30days migration notice?

Im i wrong or is this Yet another PN CS FUCK up?

any help/insightful replys would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Gizmo
N/A

Why, in a world full of CRM and ecommerce, can't this guys Direct Debit payment be adjusted in advance so he doesn't have to chase PlusNet for money it knew it wouldn't be entitiled to in the first place?

Why not just cancel the direct debit and tell them to send you an invoice, make them do some work for a change.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We have to pay BT in advance for the circuit, so we charge our users in advance.
N/A

I don't see how that is the customers problem, or even answers the question for that matter.
N/A

Hey bbrown how come no answer to my problems? can you please take a look at the dates and comfirm that i wont need to pay for the month of 10/10/05 to 10/11/05 because the CS monkey that replyed to my ticket cant seem to read or add up
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I have made sure that you will be refunded for unused time after your migration, however I would appreciate it if you could phrase your forum posts in a less aggressive manner and refrain from insulting the Customer Support staff, who work very hard to provide 24/7 support for all our users.
N/A

Sorry for the problems you've had mailgizmo, hope they weren't too stressfull!
N/A

Many thanks for the reply and for you to seeing to the refund for the non serviced time bbrown (i asume this means that you have reviewed the dates and dont expect me to pay for the period of 10/10/05 to 10/11/05 ?)

I apologize for the tone of my possings both here and in my ticket replys but i hope you can also understand that these replys where made in frustration at the CS rep constantly telling me that i was not eligible to migrate under the 45 day plusnet guarantee when if he had read the tickets history he would have clearly seen that i was migtarting under it and there fore would not have to give 30 days notice i can only put this error down to this rep either not reading the full ticket or not understanding his own companys T&C which im sure you will agree in either case is not a good thing,if i hadnt re-raised this issue here my migration to F2S would have been delayed at extra inconvenience & cost to both F2S and myself