cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My migration experience so far

N/A

Quite disappointed really.

Applied for migration on the 24th of May and had not received an email so telephoned cs on the 31st May.

I told the adviser that I had noticed on the ticket that my migration request date was the 31st. I was told that it was quite possible that it would be switched over that day and if I had not seen the change, I should phone back the following day.

Nothing had changed, so I telephoned and was told somebody would get back to me.

It turns out that the request had not even been sent to BT and therefore there was absolutely zero chance of my migration happening on the 31st.

Why did the representative tell me this obvious bogus information and make me waste more time and money in telephone calls?

Sure, I understand things are busy but had it been explained to me and had that person placed the order that day, I would not be left feeling as I do right now.
8 REPLIES
N/A

This seems to be happening to a few people...

See this thread -
https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29096

Lee
N/A

Welcome to the world of -net support......... Shockedops:
N/A

I have had the same problem. My order ( which included a house move ) was not even sent to BT. I have been without Broadband for 3.5 weeks as of today and have been promised connection on the 6th of June ... all because someone forgot to route the request to the relevant department !!!
This is the first time i have had such an experience with plus net though. I have used it for more than 2 years now ...
N/A

I also had the same problem. Plusnet delayed a week in sending my order to BT. Consequently my requested migration date of 2 June was moved to 6 June. Thanks to BT, the migration did take place yesterday.

No apology from Plusnet so far for the one week delay. They don't seem to acknowledge they have a problem in this area.
Community Veteran

I'll bet that any charges were taken promptly though....
N/A

Hmm...
When I signed up I on the 24th May, I was quoted as 31st May for activation.
This turned into the 8th June, which today has turned into the 9th June...

Not a happy bunny...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usually migrations are completed within 7 days, however our Migrations team have been a lot busier than usual so there can be a delay in the orders at the moment.
N/A

That's fine, but why not say that upfront?

Then people would have less of problem with it. It's very frustrating to have a date that keeps slipping...