cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dearest darling customer support ....

snapper_mart
Grafter

Seeing as I have been nice to you and called you nice things....could you please tell me where we are up to with my speed problem, ticket ID: 20188938. You never know, I may even send you some cream cakes if it gets fixed mwahhhhh...
34 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I don't think it's what you'll want to hear, but I've replied to the ticket and included some information which may help.

I don't like cream cakes though... but feel free to send them to Luke Smiley
snapper_mart
Grafter

Thanks for your reply Dave,
I have run the BT speed test and it has reported back again at 1600 or so, however, whilst you say that according to BT this is acceptable, I'm afraid I find it unacceptable as my speeds are consistently lower than when I was on the 2mb service. I am unwilling to continue paying for a supposedly upgraded service that is running slower than the service it was supposed to upgrade! Can you please inform me what action Plus Net is prepared to take to resolve this matter.
Thank You
N/A

Hey Martin.

Do you reboot your internet daily by any chance?

I found that I use to reboot all the time and by doing this my speed stayed at 1MB for over a month. As soon as I give up trying to make the profile change and started to leave my internet on for 3-4 days at a time with no reboot.

It moved up to 2.5MB!

Could you be having a similar issue?
snapper_mart
Grafter

I Initially tried rebooting everyday as recommended, but have also tried leaving alone and it doesnt make any difference. On the first two or three days of being maxed, I was getting speeds of 3.5 MBps with no problems, but then it all went down the pan and has been crap ever since...
N/A

Ah yeah I had a similar issue. I am at 2.5MB now but I had near 4.5MB in the first 3 days.

Seems its like a Kinder Surpise. The outer chocolate layer looks so tasty, then you open the egg and get a plastic toy that doesnt even fit together lol.

Could you post up your line stats to see if I can work out if your at your max speed or not?
snapper_mart
Grafter

OK phear..are these what u want?

DSL Status
Connection Status Connected
Upstream Rate (Kbps) 448
Downstream Rate (Kbps) 6112
US Margin 21
DS Margin 11
Modulation MMODE
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 40
US Line Attenuation 63
Path Mode Interleaved

DSL Statistics
Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

BTW.. I am 1.1km from my exchange so, according to BT, my maximum speed should be around 5Mbps
N/A

Your Sync rate is like 6MB! Wow

I would tell you to leave your router on for like 3-4 days then do a quick reboot. After a couple of weeks of this if there is no change then either PN or BT have a serious issue.

I am not sure how Tomlinson can give the generic reply, as your surely running on one hell of a connection and should be receiving so much more.

I suggest you change your modulation mode to G.DMT. See if it makes a difference. Some routers have an issue with either one, so this could be it - although it is a long shot.
snapper_mart
Grafter

My thoughts exactly Phear...but no-one else wants to listen!
N/A

Just run through your settings like modulation type (try G.DMT and T1.413). Try upgrading the firmware if possible.

Looking at the quote of the stats it looks as if your running on a D-Link ADSL Router so they should have some later firmware unless you have already checked.

http://support.dlink.co.uk/

Make sure your using PPPOA VC-MUX etc. Pretty basic stuff really but its worth a shot to just eliminate everything at your end. Make sure you have the filters set up right, one at each extension point etc.

Try running through the master socket if its possible, or try purchasing new filters if the ones you have now are old.

Unfortunately alot of issues to do with ADSL are often at home, even though I sound like most ISPs Customer Services saying this - its the truth. Most of my issues have been because I have wired things wrong, or used sub-standard products or old firmware lol.

I always blame PN though - everyone else does so lol.
N/A

It may also be worth asking to try with interleaving turned off for a period of time.

Sometimes it seems better with it on, sometimes with it off.
N/A

Bit off topic, but a question for Phearfactor - I thought you left +net ? Did you change your mind?
Liam
Grafter

My thoughts exactly Phear...but no-one else wants to listen!

I have added a note to your ticket mate.
N/A

I cant leave, they still have a contract out on me :roll:

The Phearfactor now lives in phear of those Plusnet Snipers Cry
snapper_mart
Grafter

Ahhh..now those cream cakes are getting closer you CS guys!!!

I just connected my laptop by a network cable directly to my wireless router and speedtests are coming back at just short of 4000kbps (WHOOPPEEEE!!!) Now would you chaps know how I can i get these speeds to my other PCs via the wireless network?
Is it question of new wifi hardware?

Cheers

Martin