cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My connection tells me its 2.2mbps...

N/A

...but running speedtest tells me I'm only achieving 965.1 kbps. Where's my missing speed gone??!!!
7 REPLIES
N/A

Lucky you, my modem reports 2.2, speed test still says 512.
Rang 'support' to ask for my connection to be unthrotlled only to be told the system would 'sort itself out ' in the next few days.

I thought, reading other posts on here, that it was just a case of ringing support and the change would be made at their end.

Support said that the way the platform operates has been changed. So after waiting all this time I still cannot achive 2meg even though my modem says yes, plus.net says no.

:?
N/A

I can't pile enough praise on PN support - within 10 minutes of me sending them a ticket, my speed was upgraded and I'm now on a lovely 2.2mbps connection.
N/A

Support said that the way the platform operates has been changed. So after waiting all this time I still cannot achive 2meg even though my modem says yes, plus.net says no.

Raise a ticket, then if nothing happens, complain more here. What you've been told is surely wrong. That sounds like advice from a clueless individual.
N/A

I can't pile enough praise on PN support - within 10 minutes of me sending them a ticket, my speed was upgraded and I'm now on a lovely 2.2mbps connection.

Out of curiosity what are your speedtest results now ?
N/A

1853.6kbps. :lol:
N/A

my modem was telling me 2.2mb but i was still getin my old 512speed so i took martinfamily's advice and phoned cs in less than 1 min i had reconnected and was gettin full speed. It just seemed like the guy from cs just had to flick a switch and hey presto 2 meg
N/A

Well, someone did something, now speedtest shows 1944.7 !

I'm a happy bunny now.